Keyword

Directions for allvideo plugin?

• electricrelish
  • electricrelish's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 7 months ago #7074 by electricrelish
Directions for allvideo plugin? was created by electricrelish
Hello,

I am new to Joomlaworks.  I just downloaded the allvideo plugin but I don't know how to get started.  Could someone please kindly direct me to an instructional page or some directions that someone has written.

Best Regards,
Baxter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #7075 by folkbear
Replied by folkbear on topic Re: Directions for allvideo plugin?
just go to the mambots section in your site-backend and click on the allvideos mambot. Joomlaworks has written a clear set of instructions there. (it's the same for all their releases)

More
16 years 6 months ago #7076 by maxim22
Replied by maxim22 on topic Re: Directions for allvideo plugin?
Hi there,

I am also having difficulties. I have read through the instructions. Done everything to the T as explained. I have put test content in images/stories/videos/demo.flv
and inserted {flv}demo{/flv} in some content and published it on the front page.

On the frontend get:... 
{flv}demo{/flv}
Last Updated...

Basically it just prints the tag i inserted in the backend.

This was the first pluging/mambot i have ever installed so maybe i have done something wrong there. It does seem correctly installed as under Extentions > Plugin, AllVideosPlugin is "enabled" and when edited the "Plugin Parameters" come up. During the install i was asked to install the "legacy" plugin which i did and that to is now enabled.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, and still the same thing.

Please can someone help, I have searched the forums and most people get his going in now time.

I am running 1.5 on a XP Home Edition, using Apache and Mysql.

Thx,

Maxim22

More
16 years 6 months ago #7077 by folkbear
Replied by folkbear on topic Re: Directions for allvideo plugin?
usually when tags show in frontpage content, the problem is, that the mambot isn't activated on the mambotspage. I have no experience with joomla 1.5 whatsoever, so I can't help you out with this. I'm using joomla 1.0.13 and there's no problem there...
If you're hosted on siteground, it could be, that you have to change your settings, because they use the yoursitename.com reference instead of the www.yoursitename.com
also you could try and chmod your allvideo-directories to 755.