Keyword

strange problem with flv-files

More
16 years 7 months ago #7272 by rexx
strange problem with flv-files was created by rexx
Hey everybody,

I have a strange problem with flv-files. Let me explain:

when i try to include flv-files from the local server with the all videos plugin, the files will not play. i am shure that the code is correct, because other formats (mov, swf, etc.) are working without any problem. with flv the playing window appears and also the loading-annimation is showing, but nothing more happens...

but now the strange thing.

if i include flv-files from an external server, then everything works fine without any problem!

has anyone an idea what could be the problem in this case? thank you in advance for any help...!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #7273 by stevetsi
Replied by stevetsi on topic Re: strange problem with flv-files
It could either be a permissions problem with the images.  You may need to chmod 766 or 777...

More likely though, you may have incorrectly set the local path for your flv files when configuring the mambot.  Note that the path that is defined in the parameters for the mambot is relative to the root of your Joomla installation.  If the flv files are not present in the folder location defined in the path, the videos will be inaccessible.

More
16 years 7 months ago #7274 by countryboy
Replied by countryboy on topic Re: strange problem with flv-files
I have the exact same problem. I am on a IIs server with Apache.  It is baffling, to say the least.  An flv from YouTube runs fine.  The local file will not work.  I have backed all my permissions wide open.  Right now the videos are in root/images/stories/videos.  So what should my path in the mambot parameters be set to?

More
16 years 6 months ago #7275 by countryboy
Anyone out there monitoring this forum except for a bunch of newbies with the same question?

More
16 years 6 months ago #7276 by stevetsi
Replied by stevetsi on topic Re: strange problem with flv-files
The path for you would be:

/images/stories/videos

(Enter it exactly like that)

More
16 years 6 months ago #7277 by pickles206
Replied by pickles206 on topic Re: strange problem with flv-files
There's a strange problem with Fotis.  :D

forum.joomlaworks.net/index.php?topic=2215.0

Oh I see, you're too busy failin' in life.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7278 by countryboy
Thanks for the tip stevetsi, but it did not work.  I have had it that way.  I have even quadruple checked the setting, spelling and permissions.  I just don't think that this mambot will work on a IIs server.  I am using mgmedia on another site same server and all works well.  It is too bad because I like the potential of AllVideos especially with ver 3 on the way.  I hope they fix this issue.  As you can see there are quite a few folks having the same problem.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7279 by countryboy
Thanks for the lead stevesi.  I got it working.  You need to add a "/" to the end of /images/stories/videos/.  Also, for others trying things out with the same problem of not playing local .flv.  I was fixing things in Joomla Admin and then just opening another tab in FireFox to test.  I tested in a new browser and cleared the cache and everything worked.  I am not sure if that was the reason or not for it not working correctly.