Keyword

player hides in iPad landscape mode

• krmr
  • krmr's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #55456 by krmr
Hi,
I encounter a strange problem that I can not handle myself, so please help.
I am using allvideos in k2, with sw tabs for k2. The site template is gantry, the allvideos template is classic, for a bug in responsive.
In order to make the video fit in the responsive layouts, I set param in allvideos backend - width:100%, it's not ideal for the height remains fixed.
Anyways, the video shows fine in all browsers and devices, exept iPad landscape mode. Looking the site wth safary develope, I tracked down the problem starts from the 3rd div after the div class="avPlayerWrapper avVideo", it has id="avID_AVPlayerID_6dc611d6_1089765079", and gets width: 0px. The problem is that that is controled by the player and I have no way to interfere in it.
Can you tell me what I can do to fix this - tablet landscape is an important case.
Here is a link to one of the pages with video: www.terziev.info/en/works-grid/item/128-self-tracking-shot
Thanks in advance!
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 10 months ago #55457 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic player hides in iPad landscape mode
Hi. The issue is not just on iPad, it is in general in Safari. Try to add a min-width value to the div which has the 0px width.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
  • krmr
More
9 years 10 months ago #55467 by krmr
Replied by krmr on topic player hides in iPad landscape mode
Hi, thanks for the feedback. It turned out to be not only with Safari even but with Chrome as well.
Weird, very weird. I recognised that as soon as I resize my browser the video appeares OK, that in all browsers, inlc the iPad - as soon as I swich btw portrait/landscape the player is there as expected.
Seing the source in inspector then, I see that the player gets its height and width params across all its divs. What's the issue?

Anyways, I implemented your advise and gave min-width to that div, but you know its far from being a solution for it destroys the player play button and dock. Is this expected? Is there a way to fix it?
Thanks again!
More
9 years 10 months ago #55471 by Lefteris
This has to do with all the webkit browsers and is probably happening because you have placed the video inside a tab. However the min-width should work fine. If something else breaks then probably you have applied the rule to a wrong element. The rule needs to be applied to the div which has width of 0 pixels style. The other divs that contain this one will inherit the width.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
  • krmr
More
9 years 10 months ago #55478 by krmr
Thanks Lefteris,

as you can see here:
www.terziev.info/en/works-grid/item/128-self-tracking-shot
the min-width is applied exactly on that div with the 0px width.
The problem is exactly that all other divs that it contains inherit that width and that destroys the play button - making it repeat-horizontal along the min-width area.
Can you tell me more what is the issue with a video being in a tab, so I can think of what should I do about it.
Thanks!
More
9 years 10 months ago #55491 by Lefteris
Try to apply the min-width also to the img element. The problem is that when the video is inside a tab has a width of zero pixels. That's why the script cannot compute correctly the actual width of the video and the position of the button.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
  • krmr
More
9 years 10 months ago #55509 by krmr
Thanks, but I am afraid your approach is impossible to implement. There is no one image in the plyer interface: there is jw logo, there is the video poster img, there is the play button, and all images in the control bar. I can not assign to each of them different properties, as they do not have class attribute, and assigning properties for every img element will not fix anything.
Isn't there a way to correct the wrong width of 0px that the div appends? I can not figure out which js file generates that div, and how come that it calculates correctly the width in firefox, but faills in webkit browsers.
I downloaded the 4.5.1 files from github, but that does not fix the problem. Are you going to address this issue in your new release (I guess it means fixing the responsive template)? When would that be expected?
  • krmr
More
9 years 10 months ago #55511 by krmr
And to report something I kept forgetting: the player pops up immediately after the browser gets resized by some event, activating inspector for example. The same happens on iPad, when the screen is rotated from landscape to portrait - the player shows as expected with the interface intact.
Does it mean, the js script of the player does not recognise the initial height, or...?
More
9 years 10 months ago #55514 by Lefteris
You can still target the desired image by applying a CSS nth selector or even better based on the ending character of the ID like:
img[rel$="jwplayer_display_image"] { min-width: 100% }

I am not sure that this will solve your issue. You can try however.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
  • krmr
More
9 years 9 months ago #55652 by krmr
Thank you very much! This gives me incredible control!
Thank you for releasing the new 4.6 version of Allvideos. New JW Player politics suck (now their logo is big and stays over videos during playback, compared to old jw player 5 with discrete logo hiding during playback), but you guys rock! I wrote a review, and I think Joomlaworks is the best developer in entire JED, and the only left altruist company providing still open source top quality free extensions.
Congratulations to your great team!