Keyword

AllVideos in Bentobox Template-Firefox-Mac

• pmoomd
  • pmoomd's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 7 months ago #7537 by pmoomd
When I tried to use the Allvideos bot to load a youtube video in the Bentobox template in Firefox on a Mac,  the video seems to load but I cant see anything. It might flash a couple times but it just goes black after that. I know it is there because I can mouse over it. When I click on it, it will play and I can hear the audio but no video will ever be seen. I'm just pointing it out because it only seems to happen in Firefox on Mac. Not sure where the fault would be. There are a couple other templates where it happens but it works in most templates...I am assuming it is a script conflict.

The funny thing is that SIG wont work in Colormatic and AllVideos wont work in Bentobox, and wanted to use them in the same template. I love the plugin when it works, just have to find a template where everything works together unless there's a solution for this and the other.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #7538 by stevetsi
Replied by stevetsi on topic Re: AllVideos in Bentobox Template-Firefox-Mac
The problem is created by a conflict between the javascript libraries used by the Rockettheme template and the javascript libraries used by the Joomla works plugins/modules.

I don't have any specifics for you, but your best bet is to inquire in the Rockettheme forums as to what other javascript libraries you can use for your menu effects (or whatever other java/ajax effects Rockettheme integrated into their template).

If you look towards the top of the code in the index.php of your template (example : yoursite.com/templates/colormatic/index.php), you will find the code that calls on the different libraries, like mootools or whatever. 

To properly solve your problem, you need to use the following trial and error method to root-out the offending java code:

1.  Comment out all calls to javascript libraries.  Once again, the are all located towards the top of your index.php code, most likely after the variables that you adjust for page width, style type, menu name, etc.

2.  With your desired Joomlaworks module or plugin published, uncomment a line that calls a javascript library, save your change (if your site is remotely hosted, don't forget to upload via ftp so the change takes place on your server).

3.  REFRESH your IE or Mozilla cache (very important) and open the page again.

4.  Repeat for each line that loads a javascript library, being sure that only one is uncommented at any given time, so that you are isolating the potential cause of your problem.

It may be that more than one library may be causing problems.  This is where your journey begins, because now you have to find out with what they can be successfully replaced.  Refer to Rockettheme on that.

Don't forget to return the modified lines of code to their originally non-commented state.

Notepad++ is a great and free text editor.  Use it.

• pmoomd
  • pmoomd's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 7 months ago #7539 by pmoomd
Thanks a lot for the info, and the detailed instructions. I was already having the feeling that it was a javascript conflict but I didn't want to get into trying to trouble shoot it for a little while. I haven't tried commenting out the javascript yet. I don't know exactly when I will have the chance because of some sudden other problems that came up but I will try to test all your suggestions within a few days and  post what I find out.

Oh, and the SIG/Colormatic problem is most likely a javascript conflict because of the symtoms, but the AllVideos/Bentobox thing is a little more mysterious. It only doesn't work in Firefox, Camino, and Opera. But it does work in Safari, Shiira, and Sunshine (Mac only). The problem doesn't seem to exist on PC. That's a little strange to me.

Will get back here later.
Thanks again...

More
16 years 6 months ago #7540 by MuffinDCC
Replied by MuffinDCC on topic Re: AllVideos in Bentobox Template-Firefox-Mac
The only scripts that Bentobox use are for Lightbox, that being lightbox.js, prototype.js and moo.fx.js. You can uncomment those in the index.php.

Colormatic uses slimbox instead but the process is the same. There are a few threads on the RocketThemem board on how to comment/delete these scripts for more compatibility with 3rd party extensions :)