Keyword

Videos not loading

• Kurt123
  • Kurt123's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 3 months ago #9792 by Kurt123
Videos not loading was created by Kurt123
I’m using the AllVideos PlugIn for inserting video files into my website.

It was working fine for a while but for some reason, the one video file I have isn’t loading. Instead of seeing the video, the user sees the syntax: {swf}endnote/EndNote_Overview{/swf}

See here for example: www.researchtutorials.com/content/view/16/34/

The .swf file is saved here:

/public_html/images/stories/videos/endnote/EndNote_Overview.swf

I can see the .swf file in FTP view and in Media Manager, so I’m sure it’s there.

Any ideas?

Kurt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #9793 by Steve Toburen
Replied by Steve Toburen on topic Re: Videos not loading
In your code you have {swf}endnote/EndNote_Overview{/swf}

I am not sure why you added the "endnote/".

In the parameters for the AllVideos Plugin you can specify the "Local Video Folder" and the "Local Audio Folder".

If the folder EndNote is in the root directory for your website then you should change the local video folder to EndNote/ and remove the "endnote/" from your code so it looks like this.

{swf}EndNote_Overview{/swf}

If the folder endnote is not in the root directory then you will need the full path such as: SomeFolder/endnote/ as the default video folder in the plugin parameters.

Hope this helps.

• Kurt123
  • Kurt123's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 3 months ago #9794 by Kurt123
Replied by Kurt123 on topic Re: Videos not loading

In your code you have {swf}endnote/EndNote_Overview{/swf}

I am not sure why you added the "endnote/".

In the parameters for the AllVideos Plugin you can specify the "Local Video Folder" and the "Local Audio Folder".

If the folder EndNote is in the root directory for your website then you should change the local video folder to EndNote/ and remove the "endnote/" from your code so it looks like this.

{swf}EndNote_Overview{/swf}

If the folder endnote is not in the root directory then you will need the full path such as: SomeFolder/endnote/ as the default video folder in the plugin parameters.

I'm storing my videos into subfolders. "endnote" is one such subfolder, and is where the video "EndNote_Overview" is stored. My default local video folder is: images/stories/videos/.

According to the instructions (below), if you use a subfolder, you need to include it in the string.

From the instructions:

... But what do you do when you want to categorize videos into subfolders, within the "master" video folder? Say we wanted to have 2 subfolders on the previous example, "holidays" and "fun", on which we would put trip_to_paris.flv and mariasparty.wmv respectively. Then the mambot strings inserted into our content items would simply be of this form:

{video_file_type}subfolder/video_file_name{/video_file_type}

More
16 years 3 months ago #9795 by edot3
Replied by edot3 on topic Re: Videos not loading
This has got me stumped completely.

Sounds like you're having the exact same problem as me.  Fancy working together to see if we can sort it out?

I'm running a macbook,
FF2,
Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ],
I have the correct directories set (checked through 'view source'),
The code appears on the page,
No movie or player is displayed.

Could this be a FF issue rather than a plugin problem do you think.  I have access to a PC now so I'm going to do some tests with alternative browsers.  It doesn't show in Safari, Opera, Camino or Shiira though.  (If it shows on a PC it must therefor be a problem with my Mac handling video.)

I'll get back to you.

What specs is your joomla install showing in the meantime so I can compare them?

(Get them through the back end > system > system info

Thanks

Mark

More
16 years 3 months ago #9796 by edot3
Replied by edot3 on topic Re: Videos not loading
Sorted, see this post for solution;

forum.joomlaworks.net/index.php?topic=3045.0