Keyword

Newbie Needs Help For A Daft Question...

• Steve Pearson
  • Steve Pearson's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 3 months ago #9810 by Steve Pearson
Newbie Needs Help For A Daft Question... was created by Steve Pearson
Hi

This may seem really daft however I can't get the mambot to work.  However I know the problem is me!!

I have installed and published the mambot yet whenever I place the tag (as copied from the instructions only changing the code for the youtube video in question) however when I publish the page it just displays the tag word for word.

Help.....

Steve ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #9811 by edot3
Can you supply some more info for me?

What editor are you using?

Did you get any error reports when you installed the mambot?  (Something like : That mambot is already installed?)

Did it install properly?  (You can check by visiting the back end > mambots > site mambots)  It should be listed as 'Media Player' in that list if it installed properly.

Hopefully we will be able to get you resolved quickly.

Mark

• Steve Pearson
  • Steve Pearson's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 3 months ago #9812 by Steve Pearson
Replied by Steve Pearson on topic Re: Newbie Needs Help For A Daft Question...
Hi Mark

I'm using TinyMCE as the editor.

On original install it reported that the mambot was installed correctly and, since your post I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it again whereby I get the same notification.

However, the mambot is listed in the site mambot's list as 'AllVideos Plugin' (same on both install occasions).

I am on "Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ] 25 December 2006", on a cancer charities site which I have 'inherited' the responsibility for (i.e. you know about computers, we have been left in the lurch can you help out...  Hence my newbie status!!).