Keyword

Real Media playback

More
17 years 1 month ago #1221 by rtee
Real Media playback was created by rtee
Many people probably don't use Real Media so I am sure that is why this one slipped under the radar. I had a client with a large collection of Real Media files and in trying to get the AllVideos bot to work we noticed that audio files worked fine but video files would not display an image.

A little digging into the spec for embedding Real Media and I discovered that another whole set of <object> and <embed> tags were required to get both a control panel AND the video display window. Genius of the developers at Real to make it so easy.. (grin)

At any rate, a simple modification to the plugin_jw_allvideos.php file will allow Real Media video files to play correctly. Around line 507 I replaced the entire code block with...

"rm" => array("<object classid=\"clsid:CFCDAA03-8BE4-11cf-B84B-0020AFBBCCFA\" style=\"".$width." ".$height."\">
        <param name=\"controls\" value=\"ImageWindow\" />
        <param name=\"autostart\" value=\"0\" />
        <param name=\"console\" value=\"video\">
        <PARAM NAME=\"CENTER\" VALUE=\"true\">
        <param name=\"src\" value=\"$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.rm\" />
<embed src=\"$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.rm\" type=\"audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin\" style=\"".$width." ".$height."\" controls=\"ImageWindow\" console=\"video\" center=\"true\" autostart=\"0\" />
</object>

<object classid=\"clsid:CFCDAA03-8BE4-11cf-B84B-0020AFBBCCFA\" style=\"width:350px; height:36px;\">
        <param name=\"controls\" value=\"ControlPanel\" />
                <param name=\"autostart\" value=\"0\" />
                        <param name=\"console\" value=\"video\">
                                        <param name=\"src\" value=\"$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.rm\" />
                                        <embed src=\"$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.rm\" type=\"audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin\" style=\"width:320px; height:36px;\" controls=\"ControlPanel\" console=\"video\" center=\"true\" autostart=\"0\" />
                                        </object>
", "#{rm}(.*?){/rm}#s") ,

I wanted to document it here in case anybody else had the same problem.

Keep up the good work team. The AllVideos bot rules!!

Rob Taylor
Producer, TD Media, Inc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.