Keyword

Solution to IE playing only sound, no video at refresh & go back from other page

• kauselot
  • kauselot's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 years 4 weeks ago #1506 by kauselot
Oh boy, took me 2 days of trial&error to solve this. I was getting only sound and no video when playing .flv on IE. It worked ok the first time, bug appeared  at page reload or when going back to shis page from some other.

It's somehow connected to IE caching as it works with cache disabled.

Sollution:
For .flv to work consistently on IE  width & height & displayheight must be explicitly parsed trough flashvars. Displayheight should be included in user defined parameters in backend as it differs from height (height is displayheight + controls) - for temporary fix I made it 20px smaller. Also data field in object must be filled for things to works consistently. Sad but true - for .flv to work on all browsers it must be included 3 times.. Anyhow, this one works for me in FF & IE6 & IE7

Change

$width = $param->get('width', 400);
  $height = $param->get('height', 323);

to

$width0 = $param->get('width', 400);
  $height0 = $param->get('height', 323);
  $width = 'width:'.$width0.'px;';
  $height = 'height:'.$height0.'px;';
  $displayheight = $height0 - 20;

and the "flv" => array .. to

"flv" => array("<object classid=\"clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000\" codebase=\"download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0\" style=\"".$width." ".$height."\" title=\"AllVideos Player\" data=\"$mosConfig_live_site/mambots/content/plugin_jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos_player.swf?file=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.flv&showdigits=true".$autostart."\" quality=\"high\" pluginspage=\"www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"".$video_transparency."\" bgcolor=\"".$video_bg."\" style=\"".$width." ".$height."\" >
  <param name=\"movie\" value=\"$mosConfig_live_site/mambots/content/plugin_jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos_player.swf\" />
  <param name=\"quality\" value=\"high\" />
  <param name=\"wmode\" value=\"".$video_transparency."\" />
  <param name=\"bgcolor\" value=\"".$video_bg."\">
  <param name=\"flashvars\" value=\"file=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.flv&showdigits=true&overstretch=fit".$autostart."&displaywidth=".$width0."&width=".$width0."&height=".$height0."&displayheight=".$displayheight."\" />
  <embed src=\"$mosConfig_live_site/mambots/content/plugin_jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos_player.swf?file=$mosConfig_live_site/".$video_folder."***code***.flv&showdigits=true".$autostart."\" quality=\"high\" pluginspage=\"www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"".$video_transparency."\" bgcolor=\"".$video_bg."\" style=\"".$width." ".$height."\">

</object>", "#{flv}(.*?){/flv}#s") ,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1507 by pickles206
Kauselot:

Thank you very much for your post.  You really helped me a lot, Kauselot.  ;D

Dom

Oh I see, you're too busy failin' in life.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1508 by Kyle Reese
Sorry, I'm new to Joomla/Mambo. How exactly do I do that?

I simply can't see a window or HTML form where I can put that code in. Can you please give me a hint because that very problem is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Kyle.

More
16 years 6 months ago #1509 by braydond
How can i tranfers this fix for mp3 files? I'm having the same or similar problems when you refresh a page the player dissapers. Sometimes if you just revisit a page it doesn't load. I've tried with other templates and they all generate the same results.

www.needanetwerk.com/site/index.php?option=com_sobi2&catid=2&Itemid=9999999

Same thing happens on a normal joomla static page also.

www.needanetwerk.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=62