Keyword

Please Help! Users unable to play videos?

More
17 years 1 day ago - 17 years 17 hours ago #1835 by Aly
I was soo thrilled to find this plugin, and it works beautifully here for me ... but I have users (and a client) unable to see the videos that I have uploaded for them.

One site was displaying a quicktime movie -- user has latest quicktime plugin and received an error message. They were able to see previous quicktime movies loaded with mgmediabot (old version), but when I then tried upgrading that, they are again unable to see videos. I can provide a link privately if need be, but the file is in a registered user only area of this site.

Another site I have loaded flv files that load and play perfectly on my PC; both Firefox and the evil IE7. My client is on a Mac, using Firefox and sees absolutely nothing!???  www.danmillman.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemid=69

EDIT: Just tested and it works on Mac Safari, but not on Firefox. There is a blank space (no player, nothing) on Firefox 1.5.11 for the Mac.

Any solutions???????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 hours ago - 17 years 2 hours ago #1836 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic 1/2 SOLVED Users unable to play videos?
Ok, I just thought to test the demo page from joomlaworks on Mac Firefox and it worked just fine -- so it had to be something in my template.

Seems my menu (swmenufree) was causing the conflict -- I turned it off on the video page and now the player is working fine in Firefox on the Mac.

HOWEVER -- this is the menu I have used on many sites, so it would be great to find out what the conflict is and if there is a way to troubleshoot this for a future release?

More
16 years 7 months ago #1837 by fattony
Replied by fattony on topic Re: Please Help! Users unable to play videos?
I am having the same problem in FF for Mac and Camino using a modified js_education template.

Will 2.5 fix the problem? Probably not, but one can hope!

• Panos Kosmidis
  • Always SEARCH before asking!
More
16 years 7 months ago #1838 by Panos Kosmidis
Replied by Panos Kosmidis on topic Re: Please Help! Users unable to play videos?
I will check it and reply here again.

@fattony Provide your url too please.

INTERACTIVE WEB SOLUTIONS | Zend PHP 5 Certified Engineer

More
16 years 7 months ago #1839 by fattony
Replied by fattony on topic Re: Please Help! Users unable to play videos?
Here are two cases:
usa.worldcarp.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=90
usa.worldcarp.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=38

What I do notice happening is if there is another flash file which is not in a visible area when the page loads, then it works without a problem.

Here is a similar post:
forum.joomlaworks.net/index.php?topic=205.0

Thank you for taking a look!