Keyword

Allvideos v4.8.0 not compatible with Shackslides

• T.J's Internet Marketing
  • T.J's Internet Marketing's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #166161 by T.J's Internet Marketing
Allvideos v4.8.0 not compatible with Shackslides was created by T.J's Internet Marketing
New Joomla site (01/04/18) installed Shackslides (Joomlashack) for home page rotator, working fine.
Installed and enabled Allvideos and rotator rendered as white 15px line. Disabled Allvideos and Rotator worked again.

Uninstalled Allvideos 4.8.0 and installed Allvideos 4.7.0 and everything works fine but I get a Deprecated Error then.
"Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgContentJw_allvideos has a deprecated constructor in /home/ronnagy/public_html/plugins/content/jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos.php on line 18"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #166182 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Allvideos v4.8.0 not compatible with Shackslides
Hello,

Is there a link with the issue present I can see?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 2 months ago #166188 by T.J's Internet Marketing
Replied by T.J's Internet Marketing on topic Allvideos v4.8.0 not compatible with Shackslides
I made a workaround for this issue. (updated the site to v4.8.0 first) The issue is only present if Allvideos and Shackslides are active on the same page.
I called my Mp3 files in a new article and linked to that article from the Home page.
Here is the link: ronnagy.net/index.php/special/interviews-mp3-audio

The rotator is active on this page. It renders as the white line just below the blue menu bar.
I don't really want the rotator on this page but I activated it so you could see what it does.

This is an older 2.5 site that I ended up deleting all Joomla files and starting fresh with a new Joomla 3.8.3 so everything is a fresh install.

I had a similar issue with Shackslides a few years ago where we had multiple instances running on a page. Something updated and broke them so we could only run one on a page.

If there's anything else I can do, let me know.

More
6 years 2 months ago #166227 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Allvideos v4.8.0 not compatible with Shackslides
Did you see an JS errors in your browser's console? It's most probably some JS conflict...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 2 months ago #166237 by T.J's Internet Marketing
Replied by T.J's Internet Marketing on topic Allvideos v4.8.0 not compatible with Shackslides
I am not seeing errors displayed.
At this point I'm comfortable with my workaround. As far as I'm concerned we can consider this subject closed.
If you are interested in pursuing it for your own reasons, I will cooperate fully.