Keyword

YouTube and local MP4 videos

• Michael Brice
  • Michael Brice's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #167413 by Michael Brice
YouTube and local MP4 videos was created by Michael Brice
I am trying to explore the capabilities of this plugin and am having a few difficulties.
I am running a Win 10 desktop with Joomla 3.5.8. I have MS Edge, Chrome, and Firefox on my system, all at current release levels.
I have a YouTube video that I would like to stream.
My article contains the following code:

{youtube}5k87Zm6NHf8{/youtube}

The full URL for the video is www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k87Zm6NHf8

When I view this article, I am presented with a very small rectangular box that appears to be black with a whit icon to enable the playing of the video.
When I click on this small icon the sound track is audible and I sense that the viweo is playing inside the very small rectangular box.

If I use the following code

{youtube}5k87Zm6NHf8|450|350|0{/youtube}

There is no change in the visual behaviour.

I have searched the forum and have seen indications that it is necessary to use the Standard template for YouTube links (and probably other links).
If this is true , how can I use the Responsive template for local video interpretations and the Standard template for YouTube ?
I have tried to attach a print of the plugin configuration, but I am told the pdf file is too large, an amazing 143K in size.

Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #167421 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic YouTube and local MP4 videos
Hello,

Is there a link to the issue available?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Michael Brice
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #167433 by Michael Brice
Replied by Michael Brice on topic YouTube and local MP4 videos
Here is a link that shows the symptom: test.bourbonne.com/sortir/festival-de-l-eau-problem

On my local machine I see a small rectangle as described. However on the hosting server I have a blank page (Firefox in this instance).

I have played around some more and have discovered some strange behaviour. If I add a title line in HTML to the article to have the following content:

<h2>Festival de l'Eau Problem</h2>

{youtube}sB0LnQnUz04|550|450|0{/youtube}

This results in what appears to be correct behaviour. The template in use during these tests is Responsive.

By the way I do not get emails to indicate that a response has been posted even though I ticked the box when I opened the issue.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #167451 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello,

This looks like a template issue test.bourbonne.com/sortir/festival-de-l-eau-problem?template=protostar
The plugin in your template but it is being hidden. You need to address this issue to the template's developer.
The problematic css is the display: inline-block value on the .item-page class. position.css line 516

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Michael Brice
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #167460 by Michael Brice
Replied by Michael Brice on topic YouTube and local MP4 videos
Thank you for your efforts. I inherited the site which was based upon the standard Joomla tempate beez_20. This template was significantly changed resulting in an inability to upgrade Joomla. Consequently the template name was changed to Bourbonne. The developer of the site, as is often the way of things, is long gone. The style display: inline-block is used throughout this template, and the original beez_20 template, so it is unlikely that this can be changed. I appreciate your preference not to 'change' the characteristics of the container in which the meta tags are paced. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can override the display setting specifically for the video display tags ?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #167466 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello,

Unfortunately the only way to solve this would be to alter the inline-block value.
Since the video is being rendered in the article, there is no way to differentiate these articles.
I do not know if class suffixes can do the trick
docs.joomla.org/Using_Class_Suffixes

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
3 years 1 month ago #178365 by Anthony
Replied by Anthony on topic YouTube and local MP4 videos

Krikor Boghossian wrote: Hello,

This looks like a template issue test.bourbonne.com/sortir/festival-de-l-eau-problem?template=protostar
The in your template but it is being hidden. You need to address this issue to the template's developer.
The problematic css is the display: inline-block value on the .item-page class. position.css line 516

Well, that's no problem, all the videos that have been made already will be uploaded the way they are If you want to improve the quality of your videos then you should record in 1280x720 because youtube will resize the videos if you don't upload it in the correct resolutions, I have been testing around with all kinds of settings but youtube will always screw up the quality if the resolution is not right