Keyword

AllVideos can play youtube videos but cannot play local ones

• miyamoto
  • miyamoto's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #170413 by miyamoto
This is the page.

www.miyamoto-chokai.com/index.php/2018-06-18-23-42-18/2018-07-14-22-14-02/189-videotest

I uploaded a video named IMG_5741.MOV to the server, put it in the directory images/video/testvideo/ and set the plugin to get them from that directory. i put a video {mov} videotest/IMG_5741{/mov} but it does not play. i tried another mov video but it also does not play.

But when i insert a YouTube URL it plays fine. i wonder why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #170422 by JoomlaWorks
The replacement takes place but the video source file being read is "/images//videotest/IMG_5741.mov".

The path is obviously wrong, so check the "base" path setup in AllVideos' plugin parameters.

Additionally, make sure you use lowercase characters for the file extension (so ".mov" instead of ".MOV").

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• miyamoto
  • miyamoto's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #170423 by miyamoto
Thanks to you I succeeded, Thank you.

More
5 years 4 months ago #170425 by B Owens
Sorry but for the life of me I can't find a button that says post question so I have to put my question here which is related slightly.
I've done the same; posted a video LOCAL that I one had as a ref to a youtube video. I tried all manner of formats (changing the tags appropriately) I have the video in the correct location and it is found but video will not play - only audio (both in Firefox and Chrome). Finally after literally hours of different formats I clicked the output as YOUTUBE video (on my VSDC app that I am using to output the video - using H264 as always) and I got it to work in Chrome but still no audio in Firefox 63.0.1 (64-bit)

Happy to move this question to where it should be if you can tell me how :-)
I'm using Joomla Joomla! 3.8.11
JoomlaWorks 'AllVideos' Plugin v4.6.1

More
5 years 4 months ago #170426 by B Owens
OK so; noticing how old my version of allvideos was I reinstalled the latest version and the video now plays in Firefox However it runs smooth in chrome but does a LOT of buffering in firefox which I thought was strange.

More
5 years 4 months ago #170435 by JoomlaWorks
Did you check the page with the video using a private window in Firefox? It may have been a cache mixup.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)