Keyword

trouble using the All Video plugin with a module

• Mitzi Gilbert
  • Mitzi Gilbert's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #171260 by Mitzi Gilbert
I have used this AllVideo plugin before in custom modules and this time it is not working. This site is on Joomla 3.9.3 and I am typing in the embed code - {youtube}4NWh8dKNXts{/youtube}. I recently downloaded the newest jw plugin 4.8. This plugin does work when I enmbed the code in an article, not not a module.

The site is: mitzidesign.info/MStest/

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #171272 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic trouble using the All Video plugin with a module
You need to enable "Prepare content" in the Custom HTML module's Options tab. More here: docs.joomla.org/Help39:Extensions_Module_Manager_Custom_HTML

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mitzi Gilbert
  • Mitzi Gilbert's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #171295 by Mitzi Gilbert
Replied by Mitzi Gilbert on topic trouble using the All Video plugin with a module
Thanks so much! This solved the issue!

More
5 years 2 months ago #171302 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic trouble using the All Video plugin with a module
Great!

---

More
4 years 9 months ago #172481 by Ilja
Dear Fotis, I hope you can help me out . I have slightly the same problem as Mitzi Gilbert, with that understanding that I am not using a Custom HTML Module but J51 Carousel Module.
Till the upgrade to Joomla 3.9.6. I had pasted the All Video code {youtube}..code..{/youtube} in a column and several video players appeared (per column).
However since I have upgraded to Joomla 3.9.7 (and 3.9.8) the videoplayer doesn't appear anymore in the frontend. One sees the All video code appear.
I don't have the tab Options in this J51 Carousel Module to enable Prepare Content.
Do you think it is still possible to combine this module with All Videos?
Or should I look for another Module which can make a slight show out of the video.
Thank you so much for your help. All best.

More
4 years 9 months ago #172485 by JoomlaWorks
Perhaps an update in the module cut-off plugin parsing, or they now have it as an option. So you should ask its developers. If you don't get an answer, then you should probably start looking for another module if AllVideos is important to you.

---

More
4 years 9 months ago #172499 by Ilja
Thank you Fotis. I have the developers (joomla51) and they are trying to solve the problem.

More
4 years 9 months ago #172522 by JoomlaWorks
Let us know.

---

More
4 years 9 months ago #172529 by Ilja
Ciarán, the very helpful developer of Joomla51 professional templates first advised me to update the module but the result was that module did not appear at all anymore. So then he created an override for my module and enforced the prepare content option.

More
4 years 9 months ago #172534 by JoomlaWorks
My guess is their module does not support that event, so they probably went on and modified the output to parse it. In any case, kindly ask them if it's possible to integrate it to their module so it sticks upon upgrading in the future (unless you're covered by just using the override).

Thanks for updating us :)

---