Keyword

PHP errors

More
5 years 1 week ago #171703 by Pappy
PHP errors was created by Pappy
My error log is up to 1.8 MB because of this extension.
I have seen PHP errors with this extension for the past 2 years.

[10-Apr-2019 13:37:44 UTC] PHP Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/mysite/public_html/plugins/content/jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos.php on line 356
[10-Apr-2019 13:37:44 UTC] PHP Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/mysite/public_html/plugins/content/jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos.php on line 357
[10-Apr-2019 13:37:44 UTC] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/public_html/plugins/content/jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos.php on line 359

Turning off error reporting is not a solution....

What's going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 days ago #171750 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic PHP errors
Turning off warnings and notices is the practical solution for sure. Cause you won't care if a template variable is uninitialized somewhere, things will work just fine as PHP is forgiving.

On a production server, you should only log errors and nothing else. If you can control the level of PHP errors in your server (e.g. override php.ini) make sure you set error reporting like this:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED 

I will gladly fix any warnings/notices if you can tell me the AllVideos version you're currently using.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.