Keyword

html comment tag

• Private
  • Private's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #172990 by Private
html comment tag was created by Private
So, like me there are probably many users that like to hide the generator tag (which is even recommended and unless i'm mistaking, done by default, by joomla) in order to at least reduce the chance a bit for bots to know what CMS is run, and try abuse attacks. To that end, i try to avoid any "joomla" tag in the html that eventually gets generated.

any chance you'd be willing to offer a setting to disable that "Joomlaworks" tag that gets generated?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #172995 by Kelsey Brookes
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic html comment tag
This has been raised before, I believe it's being considered for a future update.

It's often worth adding these types of feature requests to their GitHub.

More
4 years 6 months ago #173015 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic html comment tag
A toggle switch will be added for the HTTP header sent by K2 (and used for statistics reasons).

But this won't change a bit for bots or crawlers scanning your site. Determining a site is Joomla is a matter of just calling the robots.txt file, /configuration.php (which outputs a typical Joomla error message) or one of the Joomla XML or INI files used for updates. Not to mention, you can just call a typical Joomla file path and see what's returned.

Your best bet is to have a secure Joomla site with few trusted extensions (like K2).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)