Keyword

Twitch.tv stoped working ?

More
2 years 7 months ago #179505 by paul
Twitch.tv stoped working ? was created by paul
Hi everyone

I seem to be having a problem adding twitch videos to my site, i am sure it used to work but now its giving the error Twitch embed error message: [NoParent] parent query string value was not specified Docs: dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/video-and-clips/   and showing this image
File Attachment:

is twitch working for anyone else, or is it just me.. thanks for your time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #179507 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Twitch.tv stoped working ?
You can't embed this video because it has a restriction to WHICH domain(s) it can be embedded.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
2 years 7 months ago #179509 by paul
Replied by paul on topic Twitch.tv stoped working ?
the twitch embed code is working, only using allvideos it does not work, i am the website and twitch channel owner, since when has twitch have had a restriction to WHICH domain(s) it can be embedded. ?
and how can i fix this with allvideos ? thanks for your time

More
2 years 7 months ago #179510 by JoomlaWorks
There may be some global option to allow embedding on your site only. This adds an extra parameter in the embed code which is not included in AllVideos' output. That's why it can't work.

Try disabling any feature/option that restricts embedding to your domain only if you'd like to keep using AllVideos. Otherwise just use Twitch's embed code with something like Sourcerer (regularlabs.com/sourcerer).

---

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #179511 by paul
Replied by paul on topic Twitch.tv stoped working ?
Thank you for the fast replay, i spoke to the twitch devs they said twitch doesn't have a control to limit who can embed your stream,The only rule for embeds is: - is the site over SSL.

But i think the advice i got from them is wrong as it clearley stats in there docs that parent string (required) Domain(s) that will be embedding Twitch. You must have one parent key for each domain your site uses.

i am not sure if this part of the API change they did last year ?

there is no setting for the user on twitch to enable or disable domain based embeds.

I got my php guy to take a look and he has fixed it, here is the solution he sent me, i can hope this can anyone else having the problem.

jw_allvideos.php:

around line 490 added:

$findAVparams = array(
"{SOURCE}",
"{HOST_NAME}",

around line 511 added:

$replaceAVparams = array(
$tagsource,
$_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"],
sources.php:
around line 130 added:
"Twitch" => "<iframe src="player.twitch.tv/?video=v%7BSOURCE%7D&parent=%7BHOST_NAME%7D/" width="{WIDTH}" height="{HEIGHT}" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="JoomlaWorks AllVideos Player">",

edit:here is a list of the api changes discuss.dev.twitch.tv/t/twitch-embedded-player-updates-in-2020/23956
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by paul. Reason: more information

More
2 years 7 months ago #179528 by JoomlaWorks
Too bad their docs and support are out of sync. But so far any tests I've done did not contain a domain as one of the embed parameters. Could be a new thing, I don't know. I'll keep an eye on it for sure. Thanks for your report.

---