Keyword

Not working...

• charlesd81
  • charlesd81's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #5089 by charlesd81
Not working... was created by charlesd81
I installed the Plugin / mambot like you would any other mambot. I "published" the mambot and went into an already existing article in my new Joomla install and tried using variou tags for various content files but nothing shows up. I have tried this on IE7, Firefox 2.x and Safari. I also don't see any instructions when clicking on the AllVideos Plugin in the AdminCP - Mambots -All Mambots section. Am I missing something here? It is published, in the videos folder, with the proper tags and I can't view the instructions. Any assistance? Thanks!

UPDATE: I just installed the Simple Image Gallery and for this pluggin I see the instructions. Is there something wrong with the 2.4 install of AllVideo?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #5090 by Canuck
Replied by Canuck on topic Re: Not working...
You're definitely are missing something, because there are plenty of instructions when you go to the mambot. I just have no idea why though, seems like you did everything correctly.

Post an example of a tag you tried.

Here are some of the relevant instructions.

STREAMING YOUR OWN VIDEO CONTENT FROM YOUR SERVER
In this version, we have made it possible for everyone to simply upload any type of video or audio file on their Joomla! website (via FTP, the Media Manager or a WYSIWYG editor) and directly stream/play these files without the need for a third-party content provider. This option can be helpful for a lot of reasons. For example, imagine a company website that needs to display company videos without any "YouTube" logos! An other possible situation could be the contiguous downtime of some providers which leave you with a blank space in your website.

Supported file formats
You can upload on your Joomla! website almost any type of video format used today on the web. From Windows Media to QuickTime, Flash, DivX or Real Media and of course MP3! To be exact you can stream any of the following file formats with the AllVideos Plugin (from your own or a remote server):

* .flv (the recommended format for video streaming)
    * .swf
    * .mov (second best recommended format for video streaming)
    * .mp4 (supports both video and audio as a format)
    * .wmv (.asf or .asx are not included since they are considered "dead" formats)
    * .avi (utilizing any codec, this includes DivX)
    * .mpg and .mpeg
    * .rm and .ram (Real Media - supports both video and audio as a format)
    * .mp3
    * .wma

So, how would you add video (or audio) files that you just uploaded to your content, using the AllVideos Plugin? Simple!

Let's use an example with videos in particular. Don't worry about audio/music files. The procedure is the same!
First we setup a "video folder" that we store all our videos inside our Joomla! website. By default this folder is called "videos" and resides within images/stories. So the full path to this folder would be images/stories/videos.Say you uploaded 2 videos called trip_to_paris.flv and mariasparty.wmv. You open up a new or existing content item and simply add {flv}trip_to_paris{/flv} and {wmv}mariasparty{/wmv}!! Couldn't be more simple, right?

Let's have a look at what we did here. We have 2 video files, one is flv type, the other is wmv. We added each video to our content by inserting a "mambot string" of this form:

{video_file_type}video_file_name{/video_file_type}

Notice that we did not include the "video" folder in the mambot strings in the examples above, cause this is already set from the plugin's parameters (on the right of this page). But what do you do when you want to categorize videos into subfolders, within the "master" video folder? Say we wanted to have 2 subfolders on the previous example, "holidays" and "fun", on which we would put trip_to_paris.flv and mariasparty.wmv respectively. Then the mambot strings inserted into our content items would simply be of this form:

{video_file_type}subfolder/video_file_name{/video_file_type}

So the above files would be inserted with the strings:

{flv}holidays/trip_to_paris{/flv} and {wmv}fun/mariasparty{/wmv}
When embedding files on our own server, like FLVs or MP3s, we never use the file extension (like .flv or .mp3 respectively) in the AllVideos bot strings! So we just use the filename alone!

See how easy it is?
If the case was with audio/music files, we would use something like {mp3}nadasurf-popular{/mp3} or {wma}marilyn_manson_idontlikethedrugs(butthedrugslikeme){/wma}.

Imagine now that people usually stick to one format when "playing around" with videos (or audio), so it's easy for you to train others (= your customers or friends!) to easily insert video or audio content inside Joomla! content items.
Please note that when you want to stream files hosted on other servers than yours, you must use a bot string like {wmvremote}www.remoteserver.com/folder/myvideo.wmv{/wmvremote} or {mp3remote}www.remoteserver.com/somedirectory/file.mp3{/mp3remote}. You simply add "remote" after the filetype and use full paths -links- to the files hosted on other servers (including file extensions). Simple, right?

VIDEO CONTENT STREAMING FROM THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS LIKE YOUTUBE, GOOGLE VIDEO, iFILM ETC.
In this version, the AllVideos Plugin gives you the ability to stream video content from EVEN MORE "third-party" providers like YouTube etc. Supported video providers as of version 2.x are:

1. Google Video International
  2. Google Video Australia
  3. Google Video Deutchland (Germany)
  4. Google Video Espana (Spain)
  5. Google Video France
  6. Google Video Italia (Italy)
  7. Google Video Nederland (The Netherlands/Holland)
  8. Google Video Polska (Poland)
  9. Google Video U.K. (United Kingdom/Great Britain)
  10. Yahoo! Video
  11. YouTube
  12. iFilm
  13. Vimeo
  14. Metacafe
  15. Bolt (for Audio & Video)
  16. Bofunk
  17. Break
  18. Jumpcut
  19. Current TV
  20. Revver
  21. College Humor
  22. MyVideo.de
  23. Sevenload.de
  24. ClipFish.de
  25. Stickam
  26. Krazyshow
  27. GameTrailers.com
  28. MySpace Video Code
  29. FreeVideoBlog
  30. Streetfire Videos
  31. Crossroad Videos
  32. Dropshots
  33. UUme (for chinese speaking users)
  34. Tudou.com (for chinese speaking users)
  35. Seehaha (for chinese speaking users)
  36. QuXiu (for chinese speaking users)
  37. WangYou.com (for chinese speaking users)
  38. Mofile TV (for chinese speaking users)
  39. Biku.com (for chinese speaking users)

These providers offer content in various formats, but most of them use Flash Video technology.

USAGE INSTRUCTIONS (for third-party video providers)
To embed videos to your content use the following Mambot Strings per video provider:

* For Google Video use: {google}video_id{/google}
      For example if the link on your browser displays video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3406925506469882756 then your video_id is -3406925506469882756, that means the characters that come after "docid=". Please note that in some cases there might be a minus sign (-) before the last sequence of digits or not!
    * For local Google Video sites (like Google Video France) use: {google.TLD}video_id{/google} and replace "TLD" with "co.uk", "com.au", "de", "es", "fr", "it", "nl" or "pl", depending on the local Google Video service.
      For example if the link on your browser displays video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-3406925506469882756 then your video_id is -3406925506469882756, that means the characters that come after "docid=". You then write inside the editor: {google.fr}-3406925506469882756{/google.fr}. Please note that in some cases there might be a minus sign (-) before the last sequence of digits or not!
    * For Yahoo! Video use: {yahoo}video_id{/yahoo}
      For example if the link on your browser displays video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=c860df3ccf66c83fb61bb2ffd934330b.1155220&cache=1 then your video_id is 1155220&cache=1, that means, everything that is AFTER the last DOT on the link!
    * For YouTube use: {youtube}video_id{/youtube}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdXTDovB9K8 then your video_id is cdXTDovB9K8, that means, again just the number at the end of the link!
    * For iFilm use: {ifilm}video_id{/ifilm}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2732615 then your video_id is 2732615, that means, yes you've guessed too, just the number at the end of the link!
    * For Vimeo use: {vimeo}video_id{/vimeo}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.vimeo.com/clip:78198 then your video_id is 78198, that means, yes you are a genius, again just the number at the end of the link!
    * For Metacafe use: {metacafe}video_id/video_name{/metacafe}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.metacafe.com/watch/143709/i_get_knocked_down/ then your video_id/video_name is 143709/i_get_knocked_down. That is a tricky one because you need to ommit the last slash (/)! Be careful with this one!
    * For Bolt Video use: {boltvideo}video_id{/boltvideo}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.bolt.com/wakey1989/video/1293961?cn=HUBS_video_new_all_PAGE1 then your video_id is 1293961.
      For Bolt Audio (music) use: {boltaudio}video_id{/boltaudio}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.bolt.com/MeLo-X/audio/1214080?cn=FEATURED_audio_PAGE1 then your video_id is 1214080.
    * For Bofunk use: {bofunk}video_id{/bofunk}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.bofunk.com/video/3466/he_thinks_he_can_sing.html then your video_id is 3466. Bofunk uses ASX files to stream content.
    * For Break use: {break}video_name{/break}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.break.com/index/rally41.html then your video_name is rally41. Break uses Windows Media Video (WMV) to stream content.
    * For Jumpcut use: {jumpcut}video_id{/jumpcut}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.jumpcut.com/view?id=E227D48AF9B111DABAF94E6A17CD0207 then your video_id is E227D48AF9B111DABAF94E6A17CD0207.
    * For Current TV use: {currenttv}video_id{/currenttv}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.current.tv/studio/media/2144246 then your video_id is 2144246.
    * For Revver use: {revver}video_id{/revver}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.revver.com/video/29572/ then your video_id is 29572.
    * For College Humor use: {collegehumor}video_id{/collegehumor}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.collegehumor.com/video:1714080 then your video_id is 1714080.
    * For MyVideo.de use: {myvideo}video_id{/myvideo}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.myvideo.de/watch/17290 then your video_id is 17290.
    * For Sevenload.de use: {sevenload}video_id{/sevenload}
      For example if the link on your browser displays sevenload.de/videos/ZHNTpBZ then your video_id is ZHNTpBZ.
    * For ClipFish use: {clipfish}video_id{/clipfish}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.clipfish.de/player.php?videoid=MjkwfDI%3D then your video_id is MjkwfDI%3D.
    * For Stickam use: {stickam}video_id{/stickam}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.stickam.com/editMediaComment.do?method=load&mId=174010582 then your video_id is 174010582.
    * For Krazyshow use: {krazyshow}video_id{/krazyshow}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.krazyshow.com/media/playvideo.aspx?f=flash7&cid=AF8BCC6F96F04A4ABECBED7B6EC738F9 then your video_id is AF8BCC6F96F04A4ABECBED7B6EC738F9 (after &cid).
    * For GameTrailers use: {gametrailers}video_id{/gametrailers}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=3542 then your video_id is 3542.
    * For MySpace Video Code use: {myspacevideocode}video_id{/myspacevideocode}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.myspacevideocode.com/v-3673-afternoon-delight.php then your video_id is 3673.
    * For FreeVideoBlog use: {freevideoblog}video_id{/freevideoblog}
      For example if the link on your browser displays video.freevideoblog.com/video/06d6ce03-a0db-44e5-9afd-cb51fab7215d.htm then your video_id is 06d6ce03-a0db-44e5-9afd-cb51fab7215d.
    * For Streetfire Videos use: {streetfire}video_id{/streetfire}
      For example if the link on your browser displays videos.streetfire.net/video/cf324233-408a-4e93-8c02-29147e71ab0e.htm then your video_id is cf324233-408a-4e93-8c02-29147e71ab0e.
    * For Crossroad Videos use: {crossroad}video_id{/crossroad}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.crossroadvideos.com/video/2fabf084-ef82-4e63-a094-c8a9d1a2ad76.htm then your video_id is 2fabf084-ef82-4e63-a094-c8a9d1a2ad76.
    * For Dropshots use: {dropshots}browser_link{/dropshots}
      For Dropshots we use the whole browser link, for example www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=127444&cdate=20060612&ctime=050513, because this is the easiest way to embed video. You see, Dropshots uses variables inside the link that would otherwise need to be "found" inside the browser link. And our "motto" for the plugin is "no HTML-hassle" at all! So using some extra PHP code, we "clean up" the link and embed the variables correctly in Joomla's content. So all you have to do is just paste the whole link and that's it!
    * For UUme use: {uume}video_id{/uume}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.uume.com/play_0p7PhcCcJ2ra then your video_id is 0p7PhcCcJ2ra.
    * For Tudou.com use: {tudou}video_id{/tudou}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.tudou.com/programs/view/T7tcywVL8P0/ then your video_id is T7tcywVL8P0.
    * For Seehaha use: {seehaha}video_id{/seehaha}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.seehaha.com/play/19787 then your video_id is 19787.
    * For QuXiu use: {quxiu}video_id{/quxiu}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.quxiu.com/mov/V12285.htm then your video_id is 12285 (without the 'V').
    * For WangYou.com use: {wangyou}video_id{/wangyou}
      For example if the link on your browser displays v.wangyou.com/play.php?id=1773127 then your video_id is 1773127.
    * For Mofile TV use: {mofile}video_id{/mofile}
      For example if the link on your browser displays tv.mofile.com/QM66Q9O8/ then your video_id is QM66Q9O8.
    * For Biku use: {biku}video_id{/biku}
      For example if the link on your browser displays www.biku.com/opus/59150.html then your video_id is 59150.

• charlesd81
  • charlesd81's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #5091 by charlesd81
Replied by charlesd81 on topic Re: Not working...
Update: I had to do chmod 755 on all files and folders beneath mambots/content/allvideo... Works great

More
16 years 8 months ago #5092 by rjkdb
Replied by rjkdb on topic Re: Not working...

I installed the Plugin / mambot like you would any other mambot. I "published" the mambot and went into an already existing article in my new Joomla install and tried using variou tags for various content files but nothing shows up. I have tried this on IE7, Firefox 2.x and Safari. I also don't see any instructions when clicking on the AllVideos Plugin in the AdminCP - Mambots -All Mambots section. Am I missing something here? It is published, in the videos folder, with the proper tags and I can't view the instructions. Any assistance? Thanks!

UPDATE: I just installed the Simple Image Gallery and for this pluggin I see the instructions. Is there something wrong with the 2.4 install of AllVideo?

TIP: Click (assuming same as my Joomla version: 1.0.10) mambots-Site mambots-AllVideos Plugin and then click on the two tabs 'Usage instructions pt.1' and 'Usage instructions pt.2' for assistance. Had difficulties earlier: removed '&' character in the root of my website (tip of Fotis-programmer of the plugin) and switched to wmv- and/or flv-video file formats (mpeg not suitable for streaming)! Good luck.