Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Body width in mobile device

• Nikos Papanikolaou
  • Nikos Papanikolaou's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #136888 by Nikos Papanikolaou
Body width in mobile device was created by Nikos Papanikolaou
hi, i need some advice (although i don't know if i ll manage to get enough support before subscription end

i noticed on both android and iphone that <body> no matter if i enter width:100% or not keep at around 384px..
the site displays at full screen width..but when testing with adb i notice that body is narrower so some divs that have background images and inherit width from body, do not render correct and appear broken..

why does the body coutn up to 384px (perhaps more or less px in other device) and not the 100% of the screen?

the meta tag used on top is <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=yes, initial-scale=1.0" />

i have deactivated the theme responsiveness to i get the same site either on desktop or on mobile/tablet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #136889 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Body width in mobile device
I find hard time replicating your issue. When I view it from a smaller browser window it goes up to the point where the body elements suffice and a horizontal scrollbar appears so you can see the entire site. I tried viewing it also in my Android device and got the exact same thing.
The background image is centered so no matter how much you narrow down the size of the screen it will remain in place.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.