Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

K2 item page with module in businessOne_Sidebar

• Ronny Van Der Borght
  • Ronny Van Der Borght's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #137069 by Ronny Van Der Borght
K2 item page with module in businessOne_Sidebar was created by Ronny Van Der Borght
Hi there,

I need to publish the Joomla 'Module login' along with a K2 item page.
I want to module to appear on the right, in the position: businessOne_Sidebar

But the module isn't show in that way.
Do I need to specify a page class suffix in the menu pointing to the K2 item page for this ?
The documentation is not clear on this.

Thus to summerize my question: how do i put modules in the businessOne_Sidebar when the menu links to a K2 Item page ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #137070 by Yiota
In the BusinessOne template we do not use the sidebar in the item pages. You can make the following modification in index.php of the template in order to achieve this
Locate the following code
<div class="content column <?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_Sidebar') && ($view!='item' && $view!='article') && ($pageSuffix!='gridView')) echo 'eight mobile-four alpha'; else echo 'twelve alpha omega'; ?><?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_SubmenuCategories') && ($option=='com_k2' && $view=='itemlist' && $task!='tag' && $task!='search')) echo ' enabledSubmenuCategory'; ?>">

<?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_Component') && $isFrontpage): ?>
            <jdoc:include type="modules" name="businessOne_Component" style="nu" />
            <?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_SubmenuCategories') && ($view!='item' && $view!='article') && $task!='tag' && $task!='search'): ?>
            <div class="categorySubmenu column twelve alpha <?php if(!($this->countModules('businessOne_Sidebar')) && ($view!='item' && $view!='article')) echo 'noPadding'; ?>">  
              <jdoc:include type="modules" name="businessOne_SubmenuCategories" style="nu" />
            </div>
            <?php endif; ?>

<jdoc:include type="component" />     
          </div>

<?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_Sidebar') && ($view!='item' && $view!='article')): ?>
          <div class="sidebar column <?php if ($pageSuffix=='gridView') echo 'twelve mobile-four noPadding'; else echo 'four mobile-four omega'; ?>">  
            <jdoc:include type="modules" name="businessOne_Sidebar" style="nu" />
            <div class="clr"></div>
          </div>
          <?php endif; ?>

and replace it with this
<div class="content column <?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_Sidebar') && ($pageSuffix!='gridView')) echo 'eight mobile-four alpha'; else echo 'twelve alpha omega'; ?><?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_SubmenuCategories') && ($option=='com_k2' && $view=='itemlist' && $task!='tag' && $task!='search')) echo ' enabledSubmenuCategory'; ?>">

<?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_Component') && $isFrontpage): ?>
            <jdoc:include type="modules" name="businessOne_Component" style="nu" />
            <?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_SubmenuCategories') && ($view!='item' && $view!='article') && $task!='tag' && $task!='search'): ?>
            <div class="categorySubmenu column twelve alpha <?php if(!($this->countModules('businessOne_Sidebar')) echo 'noPadding'; ?>">  
              <jdoc:include type="modules" name="businessOne_SubmenuCategories" style="nu" />
            </div>
            <?php endif; ?>

<jdoc:include type="component" />     
          </div>

<?php if($this->countModules('businessOne_Sidebar')): ?>
          <div class="sidebar column <?php if ($pageSuffix=='gridView') echo 'twelve mobile-four noPadding'; else echo 'four mobile-four omega'; ?>">  
            <jdoc:include type="modules" name="businessOne_Sidebar" style="nu" />
            <div class="clr"></div>
          </div>
          <?php endif; ?>

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ronny Van Der Borght
  • Ronny Van Der Borght's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #137071 by Ronny Van Der Borght
Replied by Ronny Van Der Borght on topic K2 item page with module in businessOne_Sidebar
Hello Yiota Ziaggou,

There is a small problem with your code, if I replace the entire mentioned part of the code i get a blank page.
I narrowd the problem down to this part:
<div class="categorySubmenu column twelve alpha <?php if(!($this->countModules('businessOne_Sidebar')) echo 'noPadding'; ?>">

The original code is:
<div class="categorySubmenu column twelve alpha <?php if(!($this->countModules('businessOne_Sidebar')) && ($view!='item' && $view!='article')) echo 'noPadding'; ?>">

If I replace the entire mentioned part of the code whitout that line it seems to work.

Does that make sence ?

More
10 years 6 months ago #137072 by Yiota
I'm sorry it seems that a parenthesis doesn't close properly for this part of code.
Please try with this:
<div class="categorySubmenu column twelve alpha <?php if(!($this->countModules('businessOne_Sidebar'))) echo 'noPadding'; ?>">

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)