Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Categories list will not change language

• Thorbjorn Waagstein
  • Thorbjorn Waagstein's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #137161 by Thorbjorn Waagstein
Categories list will not change language was created by Thorbjorn Waagstein
I have installed the NuBlog template with the quickstart package, and I am now trying to transfer the content of my old webpage (blog) to this new page. It is still only installed on my local computer untill I have a satisactory result.
The set-up of the English version has been relatively easy, and looks fine. I am now trying to make it multilingual (English, Spanish, Danish). I have made versions of all modules and menus and installed the language switcher, and it works OK, with dropdown menus in different languages.
My problems are with the category list that appears in the right side bar - I can find no way to get this to change language. All articles are defines as K2 items. I have made en,es,da copies of all the category modules (and there are a bewildering amount of them), including the K2 category module, and I have disabled the K2 "all" category module.
Another minor problem is that the "about me" module takes its text from the user profile, and that is in English. I guess the only way to get around this is to define clones of the main user and define each clone with a different language (and email adress) and then change the presentation text. Not a very elegant solution. I attach a link to screen-shot of the Spanish Language page where it can be seen that the sidebar category list continues in English (and that the in "About me").
imgur.com/gaZYBFa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thorbjorn Waagstein
  • Thorbjorn Waagstein's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #137162 by Thorbjorn Waagstein
Replied by Thorbjorn Waagstein on topic Categories list will not change language
I finally found the solution in the K2 tools category module. Under options there are 6 places where the category list can be chosen. Setting all these 6 to my Spanish category list, made the wonder. Now it the side bar displays correctly in Spanish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.