Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Can't send registration/confirmation email

• emperor
  • emperor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #137426 by emperor
Happy New Year to everyone.

I have a problem and I lost all day today without figuring out where it comes from.
The problem have to do with the demo installation of the template (the complete version).
Either when I create a user from the back-end, either when the user registers from the front end I get the message "The following from address failed: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.".
Please notice we are using SMTP credentials which are correct of course, and it's happening only on the demo installation of the template.

What we did so far:
We have 3 installations of the template.
One is the active & live website which is not working
The second is a fresh installation directly downloaded from your website which is not working either.
The third is just the template installation in a joomla 2.5.17 which works perfect.

I will send you the links on your email.

This problem is really urgent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 4 months ago #137427 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Can't send registration/confirmation email
I get the "The following from address failed: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." error in the fresh installation site.

This is most probably to an SMTP setting. Can you try again with the default PHP mail?

In the site that it is working (I received an email), a different email account is being used.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• emperor
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #137428 by emperor
Replied by emperor on topic Can't send registration/confirmation email
Krikor hi,

This is very urgent and need to be solved.

I download more of your templates and none can send emails through SMTP I don't know why thought.
You didn't receive any email, I have 2 tries from you in the system with the following error:
"An error was encountered when sending the user registration email. The error is: The following from address failed: john###@xxx.com The user who attempted to register is: krikor1 "

We don't use PHP Mail, only SMTP, it's core supported on Joomla and you have to help with this please, I have 2 website live that can't send email and 2 more to be live today. It's very urgent.

My SMTP settings are the same that I use to all the websites in the server.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 4 months ago #137429 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Can't send registration/confirmation email
Have you tried with the mail that is working?

the one from rcn seems not to be working while .us one works.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• emperor
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #137430 by emperor
Krikor the one that is working is only with your template installed alone in a standard joomla installation.

The ones that having the problem are the 'packages' which include the demo and everything else inside. That's why I send you the link to help you notify that it's not a problem of the actual template but a problem of the 'package'. The problem is though that I have already 2 live sites with the packages and 2 more to go immediately, and they don't have email.

I strongly suggest to reproduce the error by yourself in an installation at your server with the full package. Does exactly the same even to your 'free-template' version.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 4 months ago #137431 by Krikor Boghossian
What I am asking you to reproduce is if the package is working with ,us email since you are using different emails across your installations.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• emperor
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 4 months ago #137432 by emperor
No krikor is not working.