Keyword

Exporting comments to Disqus

• Belelros
  • Belelros's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 week ago #40056 by Belelros
Exporting comments to Disqus was created by Belelros
I've seen a lot of requests since Disqus become popular to have a way to export comments from JomComment (mostly) and other comments systems to have their comments migrated to Disqus.

I asked to Disqus long time ago and they told me they were be releasing something like that soon but now, they pointed me to JoomlaWorks since you are (supposedly) working on that. I think that could be really great. Most companies don't upgrade their Comments system and since Disqus is improving day by day, I'm sure that a lot of people would be using this.

However, as most "medium-big" development companies, Joomlaworks is focused in K2 (mainly) and forgot (or so it seems) their nice extensions such as Supperblogger or Simple Image Gallery which has been waiting for new updates for a long time. This also happens with Azrul and their JomSocial.

So, I thought that a wise move could be to share with the community the progress made with Disqus and then let the Joomla Developer community to help to finish the work.

What do you think about that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #40057 by dasmonstrum
Replied by dasmonstrum on topic Re: Exporting comments to Disqus

I've seen a lot of requests since Disqus become popular to have a way to export comments from JomComment (mostly) and other comments systems to have their comments migrated to Disqus.

I asked to Disqus long time ago and they told me they were be releasing something like that soon but now, they pointed me to JoomlaWorks since you are (supposedly) working on that. I think that could be really great. Most companies don't upgrade their Comments system and since Disqus is improving day by day, I'm sure that a lot of people would be using this.

However, as most "medium-big" development companies, Joomlaworks is focused in K2 (mainly) and forgot (or so it seems) their nice extensions such as Supperblogger or Simple Image Gallery which has been waiting for new updates for a long time. This also happens with Azrul and their JomSocial.

So, I thought that a wise move could be to share with the community the progress made with Disqus and then let the Joomla Developer community to help to finish the work.

What do you think about that?

Like it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.