Keyword

Deleted Disqus but still shows "Error! Please enter a username:" system message!

• tomas isaksen
  • tomas isaksen's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #41038 by tomas isaksen
>:(

I installed Disqus on one of my clients websites to try it, but deleted it soon after.

However, this has messed up the website, as it often shows a message saying "Error! Please enter a username." in the showcase area of the website and in all pages!!!

This pushes other things down and messes up the page, the client has paid me and is getting angry now that this shows up. How can I remove it???

I have combed the folders for any document or other file related to Disqus, I have used webdev, firebug, anything. The only thing I have figured out is that it is 100% certain that it is related to Disqus, although it shows as a system message.

It particularly shows up when I have another window open logged into the admin area.

Does anyone understand what is going on? Please help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tomas isaksen
  • tomas isaksen's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #41039 by tomas isaksen
Ok this just became even weirder - I logged into the admin area of another website which never had Disqus installed and when I then also opened the website itself I get alomst the same message:

"Error! Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet."

What on earth is going on? These errors dont occur if I clean my cache, but then return the same night or next day... Have Disqus installed something in my PC? Or on my server? I dont get it and im getting really angry here so please sort this out ASAP!!!

More
12 years 10 months ago #41040 by Katia
Please provide us a link to your site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)