Keyword

Additional social modules needed - or redundant with DISQUS installed?

• lespaul
  • lespaul's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #52618 by lespaul
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get people opinion....before social commenting services (eg. disqus, livefyre, etc) were available - we had to install commenting/sharing systems on our site (Joomla 2.5 in my case).

Question is, is it necessary to install another sharing modules - that is, those  show all the social media icons (eg. twitter, reddit, stumbledupon, etc) - a good example is ITPSocial extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-share/social-multi-share/14094 . Im NOT referring to another commenting system, simply a "sharing system"

I know Disqus has a sharing button called "Share" - but it only shares with FB and Twitter. I know you can LOGIN with FB, G+, etc - but I dont know if you can actually 'share' anything with it.

Any feedback would be great, the less complicated I make my site (eg. less logins, etc) - the more likely people are to comment using Disqus. I would hate multiple logins.

I've actually read from many people that since installing disqus more people are likely to comment and interact.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #52619 by JoomlaWorks
The extension you describe does not force your users to login to your site. It simply adds sharing buttons for social networks. The social sharing available on Disqus is for comments specifically, which side-promotes your blog posts.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.