Keyword

Am I missing something?

• gipester
  • gipester's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #15230 by gipester
Am I missing something? was created by gipester
Okay, I gave your Disqus plugin a try. Installed fine. I registered my site with Disqus, fine. Previewed my site, see the "view comments" link, fine.

But how do I actually leave a comment? There is no link or leave comment window on any content. Am I supposed to leave comments via the Disqus page?

My first impression is that it looks smooth, but doesn't actually work. I suspect I'm doing something wrong as I have truly enjoyed your other extensions.

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gipester
  • gipester's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #15231 by gipester
Replied by gipester on topic Re: Am I missing something?
Okay, I guess I can't delete my first post. I figured it out. I put the ".disqus.com" at the end of my subdomain.

So. I can post, but it has no integration with the login module? My users will have to manually insert all their info to post a comment each time and/or register with Disqus.com correct? That seems like a pain in the butt.

I guess that is the purpose of using this plugin, right?

More
15 years 10 months ago #15232 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Am I missing something?
DISQUS offers certain advantages like being able to create one account (as a commenter) and post on thousands of blogs/sites without registering, while keeping a comments history for your profile. Other advantages are video comments via the integration with Seismic and some goodies like comment rating and the list goes on.

If you want a solid comment system for your site that is based on an online service and don't bother NOT having a members area linked to the commenters, DISQUS is great. If you want more control and better integration, Azrul's JomComment is the only way and we highly recommend it. ;)

It depends on your needs/priorities.  :D

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)