Keyword

[Solved] I KNOW I'm missing something ...

• cliffsedge
  • cliffsedge's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #15617 by cliffsedge
[Solved] I KNOW I'm missing something ... was created by cliffsedge
I'm a nube as well.  I thought this would be a killer comment system. 

I get the link to "View Comments" which takes me to the bottom of the page.

The only thing at the bottom ogf the page is a link that reads "Comments powered by Disqus".  There is no place to make comments!

I have turned on "Friendly URLs" and have "enabled Suffixes".  I am using the 1.5 Plugin on joom vers 1.5.4.  Apache Redirect is on.  I am using only installed joomla.  I have PHP5.

I thought it might be some other plugins, so made a complete new install to try it out.  It is the only plugin I have installed to the Joomla demo data, and it's not working - tried it in IE7 and FireFox.

Help!  Suggestions?  Valium   ???

::)  My Bad ...  I took the ".disqus.com" off the end of my subdomain name and everything works just great    :-[

I read the previous "Am I missing something" before I installed.  I understood that you had to have the ".disqus.com" in order for it to work! 

Now I realize that "reading the instructions before hand" screwed me royally.  Won't let That happen again!! 
Forums and instructions are the last resort when nothing else works!  ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago #15618 by anhhi
Hello. I am having the same issue as you had. I read what you had done, however, it doesn't seem to work for me.
1. I created a subdomain: blog.panic-panic.com
2. installed disqus successfully
3. registered at disqus
4. went into plugins in joomla, i put : blog.panic-panic.com
5. went into admin at disqus, put in blog.panic-panic.com

Only 'view comments' shows at the website..any help appreciated, maybe im missing something.
Do I have to put any code somewhere? Not sure where either..

Mike

More
14 years 10 months ago #15619 by worldnick
Replied by worldnick on topic Re: [Solved] I KNOW I'm missing something ...
I am having the same problem only I never messed up the subdomain.  Everything should be working for me but it is not.  The only thing I can think of is maybe because my joomla site does not start with www disqus does not understand it?  I just get the comment's link and then it scrolls down to the bottom of the article where it says "powered by disqus." There is no box to enter a comment or anything.  This is basically a brand new install.  You can check it out at worldnick.org if you like.  It may still be there .. broken.

Thanks for any help,
Nick

More
14 years 9 months ago #15620 by utahdiabetes
Replied by utahdiabetes on topic Re: [Solved] I KNOW I'm missing something ...

I am having the same problem only I never messed up the subdomain.  Everything should be working for me but it is not.  The only thing I can think of is maybe because my joomla site does not start with www disqus does not understand it?  I just get the comment's link and then it scrolls down to the bottom of the article where it says "powered by disqus." There is no box to enter a comment or anything.  This is basically a brand new install.  You can check it out at worldnick.org if you like.  It may still be there .. broken.

I'm having the same problem and appear to have the subdomain correct. I just noticed that the Disqus comment box showed up on your latest blog post. Was it an easy fix?

As you can see , I'm having other formatting issues with my template, but as far as Disqus goes, only "View Comments" and "blog comments powered by Disqus" are showing up.

Thanks,
Grant

More
14 years 9 months ago #15621 by utahdiabetes
Replied by utahdiabetes on topic Re: [Solved] I KNOW I'm missing something ...
I didn't know I had to set up my website's " community page "  and my account profile page .

Then I had to set up a link to take me to my website which is my Joomla page with Disqus enabled on some pages. Once I did those two things the extension worked!

Still have formatting issues but otherwise, I'm way better off now.

More
14 years 8 months ago #15622 by trevor harwood
Replied by trevor harwood on topic Re: [Solved] I KNOW I'm missing something ...
For those of you that are still having trouble with the commenting system just showing the "powered by Disqus" and no way to actually comment on your posts.  What finally worked for me was to go to plugin domain and just put in your site name, with no url information.

Correct: yoursite

As opposed to:
yoursite.com or
yoursite.disqus.com

-T