Keyword

[Solved] View Comments link showing up in "Top Position"

• dbarron
  • dbarron's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #15730 by dbarron
First, thank you for making such a great extension for Joomla 1.5.x. I have been looking for a way to simply add a comment system and DISQUS does it for me. Installing your extension and getting it customized was so simple. However, I noticed a small issue. When ever I view just an article on its own page, the link "View Comments" shows up in the "Top Position" just above my "Newsflash" Module. It will shift the text of the Newsflash down to make room pushing text into my menu. It does not show up in the "Top Position" when you are on a blog section or category layout.

Any thoughts or suggestions. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dbarron
More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #15731 by dbarron
Thought I would post a screen shot of what I am speaking about. This is a fresh install on the rhuk_milkyway template and all I have done is activate Disqus and fill in my username. Does anyone have any solutions or is this normal for the link to also be in the top position.

Thanks

• dbarron
More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #15732 by dbarron
Well, I found a solution. Inside the jw_disqus.php delete the following code under the section, /** just before content is output, returns output to be displayed */
if($_REQUEST['view']=='article'){
		return '
		<div class="disqus_jumptocomments">
			<a href="'.$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'].'#disqus_thread">View Comments</a>
		</div>
		';
	}

The other solution is just not use the newsflash. The disqus plugin places "View Comments" in front of every article even if it is being used in the newsflash plugin.

It would be nice in future disqus plugin updates if you can exclude/include "view comments" from certain sections/categories. Or be able to turn the "before content is output" feature off or on.

More
15 years 7 months ago #15733 by mwoodwar
I would agree, it would be wonderful to be able to specify where you did and did not want comments.  I'm using an uncategorized page as my 'home page' and it's a bit inappropriate to have a "View Comments" link.

Mark

ps G R E A T plugin!!