Keyword

Installation Help

• natrlhy
  • natrlhy's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #17013 by natrlhy
Installation Help was created by natrlhy
Ok, totally new to Disqus and this plugin.

I've gone to the Disqus site and registered an account and I have my subdomain. I placed this information into the plugin parameters.

I only have 1 article at the moment and I was expecting to see an area to leave comments. I am surely missing something critical that didn't stick out to me in previous topics.

Do I need to generate the Generic Code from the Disqus site and place that somewhere in my template or something?

UPDATE #1:

Ok, so I read the info while hovering over the "Enable link to your comments in blog view?" text on the plugin parameters page that the "View Comments" would appear AFTER the Read More option appeared on an article. I did not have the "Read More" option on a short article I had on my site. I placed the "Read More" option on the article and it did show the Disqus comment option. I was able to leave a comment with no problems I was able to delete it on the Disqus site.

Do ALL articles have to have this Read More option enabled in order for this plugin to work fully and to show the "View Comments"?

UPDATE #2:
So, I found out more... The article in question is on the Home page. It shows no comment options on the Home page. However, when I go to the News section, it does show the View Comments and to leave a comment. Is there a way to have the option to leave a comment for an article on the Home page or in a Articles » Section / Blog type of view?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.