Keyword

Reactions for Disqus

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #169397 by Robert
Reactions for Disqus was created by Robert
Hi,

I've got a couple of websites that use Disqus. One is a Wordpress-based blog/profile website and the other is a Joomla-based magazine/forum/blog for writers and readers. I use your plug-in for Disqus on the Joomla website (www.tallandtrue.com).

Recently I enabled Reactions on the Wordpress website and I've tried to do the same on the Joomla website using the instructions from Disqus: help.disqus.com/moderation/reactions

However, Reactions are not displaying on the Joomla website. I have tried clearing the cache, but they still didn't display.

Before I spend a lot more time investigating the problem, I thought I should ask if the Reactions functionality is available via your Disqus plug-in?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Robertf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #169406 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Reactions for Disqus
There is no additional change required in the plugin's code to enable reactions. You simply switch it on at your Disqus dashboard. It could be a Disqus CDN related issue at the time. Are you still not able to see "reactions"?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Robert
  • Robert's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #169409 by Robert
Replied by Robert on topic Reactions for Disqus
Hi Fotis, Thanks for your response. No, I still can't see the Disqus reactions on Joomla-based tallandtrue.com.au articles, as I can on the WordPress-based robertfairhead.com posts.

I guess it could be a CDN-thing, though both websites go through CloudFlare. I did try clearing the article and component caches again. It's reassuring the plugin should displaying the Disqus reactions. I'll keep an eye on the website and hope the caching, CDN or whatever it is fixes itself.

Regards,
Robertf