Keyword

Undefined Property in jw_disqus plugin

• John Wooten
  • John Wooten's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #173384 by John Wooten
Undefined Property in jw_disqus plugin was created by John Wooten
Hi, All -

Is there any way to get a fix/does anyone know of a fix for the following notice getting thrown from the jw_disqus plugin?

Notice: Undefined property: EasyBlogPost::$slug in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/oppensourced/public/plugins/content/jw_disqus/jw_disqus.php on line 172

Line 172 from php is: $itemURL = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($row->slug, $row->catid));

I'm getting this coming off EasyBlog posts (that I spot so far) but I've also seen it bleeding out on other sites from different Components (reference attachments).

This plug-in is obviously the gold standard/official option for Disqus on Joomla so any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance!
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 5 months ago #173388 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Undefined Property in jw_disqus plugin
The Disqus extension for Joomla works on Joomla articles only, not EasyBlog articles :)

It *may* work for components that follow a similar DB structure for content entities.

The undefined error you get occurs because the content plugin attempts to retrieve a non existing property from the EasyBlog article data object.

Right above line 165, add a var_dump() so I can see the data EasyBlog outputs, like this:
var_dump($row); exit;

if (version_compare(JVERSION, '1.6.0', 'ge')) {

Re-run the page, copy everything in a txt file and upload it somewhere so I can have a look. It may be easy to adapt the plugin to work with EasyBlog.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
  • John Wooten
More
4 years 5 months ago #173389 by John Wooten
Replied by John Wooten on topic Undefined Property in jw_disqus plugin
Ha! Indeed it looks like a need to swill a lot more coffee/espresso this a.m.!

I should provide more detail as well:
the initial integration here was connecting it up to the Komento Comment component (from Stackideas, whom also develop EasyBlog): stackideas.com/docs/easyblog/administrators/comments/integrating-with-disqus

My setup on EasyBlog was to deploy Komento Commenting and then use the integration so that I could still use Disqus as well/as an option. But.... if we could get EasyBlog and Disqus on the same page (bad pun) then I would gladly just use Disqus as the standalone comment system there ; )

Let me get you the output you requested and I will post back - thx, Fotis!!!
  • John Wooten
More
4 years 5 months ago #173391 by John Wooten
I'm not sure this will help, Fotis but i've attached the output. It would indeed be superb if the plugin could easily be adopted for EasyBlog but I certainly respect your time and effort related to development, etc.
Thx again!
Attachments:
More
4 years 5 months ago #173394 by JoomlaWorks
The page you attached does not have a var_dump() output, in fact, it's got a PHP error indicating you didn't copy/paste the code as I asked you to do so.

Additionally, the link your referenced is not public.

I think it's more appropriate for StackIdeas (who make money from EasyBlog, unlike Disqus which is free) to contact us if they want to have Disqus play nicely with their extension. That's the polite thing to do either way...

---
  • John Wooten
More
4 years 5 months ago #173400 by John Wooten
Hi, Fotis - thx for the reply etc. however, actually, in fact, I did copy/paste the code as you asked me to do so - the code itself is what's throwing the PHP error.

I totally agree as to the appropriateness; my initial approach to this issue was directly with Stackideas, who recommended I contact you, the developer of this plugin. I'm not in the business of brokering relationships between developers - that's betwixt the two of you whether your two products want to play nicely (regardless of Paid vs Free). My opinion (which of course is irrelevant) was that this was a Stackideas issue, which is why I took the issue up with them directly to start. Beyond that and as it stands, I just won't use the plugin.

Regardless, as always and as mentioned, I do respect your time and work so thx again for the input.
More
4 years 5 months ago #173411 by JoomlaWorks
Ah, the famed Stackideas support...

In any case, if you want to troubleshoot the issue, as I mentioned, do a var_dump for $row so I can check the object's properties. The error you got indicates a syntax issue somewhere. It could be because of the "exit;" part I mentioned so remove it if you want and check again, that is, if you still want to use Disqus on your site.

---
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #179794 by liteemariee
Replied by liteemariee on topic Undefined Property in jw_disqus plugin
I'm not sure this will help, Fotis but i've attached the output.  hellodear.in
  teatv.ltd
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by liteemariee.