Keyword

Just installed...a bunch of random comments seem to have come with it...

More
14 years 8 months ago #26189 by vcize
So I just installed the disqus joomla plugin on my site.  Everything appears to be working fine, except that there are a ton of random comments that were showing up from the very second I installed it.  Many of them show that they are several weeks old (my site is only a few days old), and they appear to be about completely unrelated topics, almost as if I'm getting the comments from a different website.

What is really odd, is that on the main page it shows that there are zero comments for each article.  But when I actually click on the article, a bunch of comments show up from a time before my website even existed.  What gives?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #26190 by JoomlaWorks
Register for an account at disqus.com and input in the plugin parameters your disqus subdomain. ;) What you're seeing is a demo account we setup for after installing.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #26191 by cbdh19
It's unclear to me what my disqus subdomain is. It sure would help to put an example in the hover bubble that pops up in the joomla plug in when one hovers over "disqus subdomain."

The following is the URL to my disqus moderator page:

disqus.com/comments/moderate/solarchargeddrivingcom/

What, then, is my "subdomain" to enter in "disqus subdomain" in the joomla plugin?

I've tried everything from:
/comments/moderate/solarchargeddrivingcom/ to simply /solarchargeddrivingcom/ and nothing works...