Keyword

multiple disqus threads created for one article and a few other issues

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #26855 by splat
I've been using this plugin for over a year now and it has always bugged me that multiple threads are created for each article since the entire URL is sent to the disqus server instead of just the article id.  it's also annoying for articles that have multiple pages, because a new disqus thread is created for each page.  Also, I just updated to v2.1 from v1.1 and now the "# comments" shows correctly, but all of the pages do not display any comments.  Is there a way to cut down the URL that is sent so that only the minimal amount of info needed to reach the article is sent to disqus?

what's also very annoying is that I have "registered only" enabled on the disqus site because of spammers, but the full comment box is still displayed.  This is probably a disqus problem and not from this plugin, but I swear at one point the "registered only" option worked fine.

you can see what I am talking about here: www.overclockers.com and overclockers.disqus.com

edit: just found this post, but it relates to the old v1.1 plugin.  anyone have an update for v2.1?

edit: so it looks like the bare minimum that is needed to pull up an article is index.php?option=com_content&id=4495 and you can add in &view=article (or whatever other view options there are) i guess if you are enabling different pages other than just articles.  but it seems on the disqus site that the full URL is still being sent like www.overclockers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3810&catid=60:videocards&Itemid=4266 The main problem I'm having with this now since i updated to v2.1 is that all of my comments posted in v1.1 are not visible on the article pages; even tho the "# comments" is showing there are comments posted.  Is there a way in the disqus moderation backend to manually change which comments point to what article URLs so I can manually correct this problem, assuming that v2.1 will fix the multiple threads problem going forward?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.