Keyword

Module? What module?

• jwbrett
  • jwbrett's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #29889 by jwbrett
Module? What module? was created by jwbrett
DOCUMENTATION
All necessary docs are already included within the module's parameters.
Enjoy one more fine release from the folks at JoomlaWorks!  Smiley

Oh, if this were only true.  And if it is true...where would one find a "Disqus" "module"?

Since I'm assuming we are actually talking about a PLUGIN then perhaps one might point me to the docs in the PLUGIN which indicate how to call the Disqus window to appear with a certain article?

Or is it all or nothing by category and/or section?  I couldn't find the answer in the module's parameters.

And I even clicked on the link provided in the PLUGIN Description...you know the one:
For usage instructions and tips please visit the official "Disqus Comment System for Joomla!" documentation page on www.joomlaworks.net. 

You know...the one that links to a page which says:
You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login.

And imagine the joy which erupted when I realized this must be a practical joke since there is NO WHERE on the page to LOGIN!  Oh What Fun!

Merry Christmas to all!

John.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #29890 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Module? What module?
It's very simple. Create an account on Disqus.com and then follow their instructions to add your site on their system. You will get a "subdomain" identifier. This identifier must then be pasted into the plugin's "Disqus subdomain" field and you also need to select where the plugin (=the comments system) will render inside your site (meaning in what categories/menus). Save, clear your joomla cache and that's it. Comments should appear just fine...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #29891 by rlopes
Replied by rlopes on topic Re: Module? What module?
I also tried to see the "usage tips" at www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/54/41/ but got

"You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login."

And I couldn't find a register button to be able to login. So I really suggest you fix this.

More
13 years 2 months ago #29892 by Katia
Replied by Katia on topic Re: Module? What module?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #29893 by zaminur143
Replied by zaminur143 on topic Re: Module? What module?

It's very simple. Create an account on Disqus.com and then follow their instructions to add your site on their system. You will get a "subdomain" identifier. This identifier must then be pasted into the plugin's "Disqus subdomain" field and you also need to select where the plugin (=the comments system) will render inside your site (meaning in what categories/menus). Save, clear your joomla cache and that's it. Comments should appear just fine...

I have a Disqus.com account. Just follow the instructions. Its really simple. Best of luck.

Computer Store
Full Face ATV Helmets

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #29894 by etilley
Replied by etilley on topic JComments might be an issue for me...
It looks great - but I can't get it to show on my website. I've read everything here, including info that is only relavent to an earlier version of the plugin.

I suspect the problem is that I have installed K2 AND JComments already. I have unpublished the JComments - and published Disqus, added the files and selected the K2 Items to comment on.

But I can't get the old comments to stop displaying - and the Disqus comments to start ...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

More
12 years 3 months ago #29895 by Ash Quadir
Replied by Ash Quadir on topic Re: Module? What module?
I had the same problems that you had.
You may have installed the Joomla Comments version of this plugin.
There is another version of this plugin that works with K2 articles.
You can download this K2 Disqus plugin at:
www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/99/42/