Keyword

Control/integrate Joomla/CB user login and Disqus

• pelo88
  • pelo88's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #36924 by pelo88
I can't believe the major vulnerability this plugin poses. There is no way to stop a logged in user on our site (we use Community Builder, but that doesn't matter) from making comments as someone else in the disqus community or as guests. The plugin should:
a) have the ability to integrate into CB or Joomla profile a Disqus username and
b) force logged in users  (logged in on our site) to post as either guest (if no disqus account has been associated) or as themselves (by autologging them into discus)
c) force users logged in to our site who have an associated disqus user, but are presently logged into disqus as someone else to be shown a warning with 3 options: log out of disqus as that other user and in as their associated one, change their associated account (prompting for the disqus password), or log out of our site
d) check to ensure that the user hasn't opened a new window and logged into disqus as someone else (the system reads from the present session on disqus.com, not our site!, for the default "post" as user) and allow us to decide in the plugin parameters what should happen (ie, logout the user from disqus with a warning, logout the user from our joomla site, or as I would prefer display a customizable "commenting is disabled" message due to a different account open on discus.

I'm just appalled that no one is even discussing the glaring lack of integration between the Joomla community users and these social commenting systems (RokComments has this problem too).

Also, it'd be nice to have a CB Profile tab showing the Disqus comments, and even nicer to have the ability to export !JoomlaComments from Compojoom to Disqus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #36925 by eric500
Another victim here.

Moving away from Disqus for this exact reason. 

Apparently it is possible but you need to get Disqus Pro at an additional monthly cost + lots of config. Does anyone have more details at which Disqus Pro version + some specifics about the config ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.