Keyword

Javascript conflict with frontend K2 editor

• Derek Sutcliffe
  • Derek Sutcliffe's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #137196 by Derek Sutcliffe
Javascript conflict with frontend K2 editor was created by Derek Sutcliffe
Hello, I'm not a Javascript person so I haven't troubleshot this fully yet.

It looks like when nuModusVersus's behaviour.js is in effect, the frontent K2 editor ceases to function correctly.

Multiple things do not work, such as toggle sidebar, attachment field adding, the "close" button, etc.

Also, I must note that the contents of the K2 frontend editor window spill out to the bottom and right of the rounded modal window that pops up when editing via K2. But this is purely a graphical problem.

I would like to become a paid member but only when I determine if this will be fixed or is caused by something I set up incorrectly. Maybe I need to disable jQuery loading somewhere in K2 or pick a different version of jQuery. I don't know, I fiddled with it a bit. K2 is the only extension I have added to this Joomla 3.2 installation, other than the nuModusVersus template.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Derek Sutcliffe
  • Derek Sutcliffe's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #137197 by Derek Sutcliffe
Replied by Derek Sutcliffe on topic Javascript conflict with frontend K2 editor
I just verified with a new installation that all of the problems listed above occur on a clean install of the 3.1 starter kit of NuModusVersus.

So it's officially a bug.

More
10 years 5 months ago #137198 by Yiota
This is something that will be included in the update version of this template.
To solve the issue in your template package you need to make the following change in line 235 of the helper.php file located in templates/numodusversus/includes/

replace this code
 // Template JS
  $document->addScript(JURI::base(true).'/templates/'.$this->template.'/js/behaviour.js');
with this
// Template JS. Do not load in in front-end editing.
  if(!($option == 'com_k2' && $view == 'item' && ($task == 'add' || $task == 'edit')))
  {
    $document->addScript(JURI::base(true).'/templates/'.$this->template.'/js/behaviour.js');
  }

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)