Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

[SOLVED] - Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in...

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42093 by YeeP
I have made zero changes to the setup of the component. I just opened it from the menu and get the following error:

Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /<HIDDEN>/administrator/components/com_fpss/views/slides/view.html.php on line 52

note: I have removed the exact server folder structure and inserted "<HIDDEN>".

Any ideas? This is nearly a brand new install of 1.7.0, and the first component to be installed (Other than the template).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #42094 by YeeP
I changed the permissions of the /media/com_fpss/ folder to 755 and purged cache and now I get this error when I open the component

Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /<HIDDEN>/administrator/components/com_fpss/views/slides/view.html.php on line 52

More
12 years 7 months ago #42095 by YeeP
Any help for the money spending customer would be much appreciated...  :(

• Ewoud Vreugdenhil
More
12 years 7 months ago #42096 by Ewoud Vreugdenhil
I had the same problem on my local Wamp installation but I found the solution in this topic.

Apparently you need to activate 'allow call time pass reference' in your php settings.

I hope this works for you.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42097 by YeeP
Ill give it a shot, thanks for the tip.  :D

EDIT: Problem solved, thank you for the tip. I will modify the name of the thread so people know it is solved.

More
12 years 7 months ago #42098 by JoomlaWorks
Guys, this is a tweaked setting in PHP. A default PHP installation would not show these.

Make sure "allow_call_time_pass_reference=On" in your server's php.ini settings.

Consult your hosting company for more.

Alternatively, switch error reporting to "none" in Joomla's Global Confuguration (third tab)...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)