Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

A few Issues after upgrading/installing to v3

• CFBPredictions.com
  • CFBPredictions.com's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #42099 by CFBPredictions.com
A few Issues after upgrading/installing to v3 was created by CFBPredictions.com
Hi, I recently downloaded the previous version and then upgraded to v3 today. It is a very versatile and a breeze to use, however, there are a few issues I have run into that I would like to have addressed installing v3. I'm on Joomla 1.5 and Firefox 6.0 using the Movies template.

1. I cannot select a Joomla article when setting slide parameters. When I click on Joomla article to set the slide source, the window opens but nothing happens when clicking an article.

2. The word "Tagline" shows up under the title in the thumbnail viewport even though I have this option set to hide everywhere it asks.

3. In the previous version, after uploading an image for a slide, it would automatically resize and fit the image into the thumbnail(at least in Movies template). Now it appears you have to edit the thumbnail image width until it fits. This was more a convenience than anything but can this feature be included in v3?

4. In Chrome browser, the title is invisible unless I hover over it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CFBPredictions.com
More
12 years 8 months ago #42100 by CFBPredictions.com
Replied by CFBPredictions.com on topic Re: A few Issues after upgrading/installing to v3
Issue 4 seems to have resolved itself but now I'm getting a spinning wheel when viewing in IE.

More
12 years 8 months ago #42101 by MvC
No. 2) and 3) i have to confirm!! I have same probs!!  :'(

More
12 years 8 months ago #42102 by Marjorie COULIN
Replied by Marjorie COULIN on topic Re: A few Issues after upgrading/installing to v3

Issue 4 seems to have resolved itself but now I'm getting a spinning wheel when viewing in IE.

Same here, even after disabling all jQuery calls but fpss's...

More
12 years 8 months ago #42103 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: A few Issues after upgrading/installing to v3
1. Your browser had probably cached old JS code. A computer restart could fix this, or just hot Ctrl+Shift+R in Firefox to force a page reload. The backend has been tested and working on all modern browsers.

2. Will test this out. In the meantime, try disabling it in the module.

3. Set your image dimensions properly in the category. Then you won't have to deal with anything different, compared to the old version. The new one actually produces better thumbnails.

4. See 1. Clear your browser's cache. In Chrome, use Ctrl+R.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• CFBPredictions.com
More
12 years 8 months ago #42104 by CFBPredictions.com
Replied by CFBPredictions.com on topic Re: A few Issues after upgrading/installing to v3
Hi Fotis, thanks you for your reply.

-I have disabled all compression on the site..caching is still enabled.
-Then I have restarted my computer and cleared all browser cache for each browser(FF,IE,Chrome,Safari,Opera).
-I have tested on two different computers

Here are the problems I'm still having.

1. I'm still unable to select a Joomla article on any browser.
2. "Tagline" still showing up despite hidden in module. For now, I just type in   in the Tagline field so nothing shows up.
3. Resolved
4. Spinning wheel still showing up in IE.
5. In component, selecting New, Edit, Delete slide only works in Firefox. In the other browsers, it only adds a hash tag to the end of the urls.

If you need back-end login details to this site to replicate the issues, I can PM them. thanks