Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

(Solved) Access and print extra fields (K2) within slide

• Marjorie COULIN
  • Marjorie COULIN's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #42263 by Marjorie COULIN
Hi there,

I use one particular K2 extra field as a supplement to the main title of my articles. This extra-field must be displayed on the slideshow, but it does not seem like K2 extra fields are retrieved during slide definition when chosing "K2 article".

Could you tell me if there is a simple code mod to access any extra-field as easily as title or content fields?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marjorie COULIN
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #42264 by Marjorie COULIN
Replied by Marjorie COULIN on topic Re: Access and print extra fields (K2) within slide
Could the dev/support team at least tell if that kind of improvement is scheduled for a near version please ?
Or should I start fiddling with the sources in my corner ?

More
12 years 8 months ago #42265 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Access and print extra fields (K2) within slide
It's not in our plans to integrate such a feature. I personally think it's an overkill. If you want very specific details to be shown on a slideshow using K2 extra fields, just use mod_k2_content and wrap it with a similar slideshow effect/script.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Marjorie COULIN
More
12 years 8 months ago #42266 by Marjorie COULIN
Replied by Marjorie COULIN on topic Re: Access and print extra fields (K2) within slide
Hi Fotis,

My opinion is that it might not be an overkill if a bunch of people use an extra field as for example, some subtitle (thus not a "detail"), like I do.

just use mod_k2_content and wrap it with a similar slideshow effect/script.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.
My goal is to fully integrate a particular extra-field within the slides (I above mentionned the subtitle concept). Meaning backoffice management, order, position and effects. I don't see any other solution than making the slides retrieve the information by themselves.
Not mentionning that using mod_k2_content and JS/CSS tricks in parallel of FPSS would be quite messy, not to say dirty.