Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

(solved) Module class suffix & conflicts between FPSS module templates

• Marjorie COULIN
  • Marjorie COULIN's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42384 by Marjorie COULIN
Hi,

It seems the module class suffix does not appear anywhere once defined in the module parameters.

I currently have 2 FPSS modules on my website using 2 different templates and I encountered CSS conflicts with styles defined in template.css.php that don't join with the #fpssContainer<mid> div id.

What would be your advice ? Use the #fpssContainer<mid> id everywhere a style distinction must be done between templates ? Then what should be module class suffix used for ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #42385 by Katia
Please provide us links to the the pages with FPSS in your site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Marjorie COULIN
  • Marjorie COULIN's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #42386 by Marjorie COULIN
Alright, my bad.
I had solved my own problems with some CSS tricks, but I put some time to investigate what I reported.

CSS differentiation is actually related to a JA-T3 template issue that I knew before.

As for any module, you'll have to add an extra space before the module class suffix itself in Module Parameters. Otherwise the module class suffix will be direclty concatenated to the "moduletable" class.

Example : with a "fpss_test" module class suffix you'll get a module (id 35) starting div like this
<div id="Mod35" class="ja-moduletable moduletablefpss_test clearfix">
with a " fpss_test" module class suffix it will become
<div id="Mod35" class="ja-moduletable moduletable fpss_test clearfix">
This will work a lot better.

Concerning the "missing module class suffix" part, I see the module class suffix does not appear when a module is placed using custom positions. It is directly added to the page starting with the fpss_container class.
My central FPSS instance (www.chromatique.net) is placed that way. I don't know if it's joomla or template related, but that's not FPSS's fault.

Sorry for the inconvenience.