Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Scrolling issue?

• Gary Grant
  • Gary Grant's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #42412 by Gary Grant
Scrolling issue? was created by Gary Grant
When I have more than 4 articles showing in FPSS, the right side listings don't scroll.  I have to believe they do.  Can I adjust this so they scroll with changes to the left side image section?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #42413 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Scrolling issue?
Hi. You do not need scrollbars in your slideshow. Try to increase the height so your content fits in there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Gary Grant
  • Gary Grant's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #42414 by Gary Grant
Replied by Gary Grant on topic Re: Scrolling issue?
With all due respect, this is a lame answer.  My content fits fine.  With dozens of highlighted products, one can't expect customers to sit and watch scrolling images for which the majority don't show an indexed image on the right side. As the image "hightlight" scrolls down the right side, and then dissappearsthe thumbnamil images should scroll along with it. 

Don't get me wrong, I like the product enough to use it, but this was an obvious oversight during development (which is OK - those things happen).  But don't tell me I don't need a scroll bar when I know I do to avoid admitting a mistake or taking some responsibility for a short-coming.

Very disappointed in this response.  I'll look for another solution of which there are many.  Don't forget that the customer may not always be right, but is never wrong.

My .02

More
12 years 7 months ago #42415 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Scrolling issue?
I am very sorry that my answer disappointed you. I just wanted to advise you that in such situations the best thing to do is to increase the height of the slideshow. However if, scroll-bars are fine to you, then your clients should notice the scroll-bar and move it by their hand since the Frontpage Slideshow currently does not support automatic scrolling.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)