Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Want to show Frontpage slideshow only on Homepage

• Martina Yaman
  • Martina Yaman's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #42473 by Martina Yaman
Hello,

I purchased the component a few days before and I´m really happy with it : :D

But there is just one question: I just want to let it show only at the First page (frontpage) - just also because there is an error together with "KISS" component (private advert system).

By the way at the description pages it also takes very much space....

thanks for help!

Martina

Click here to find<br /><a href="http://www.goodfashionshoes.com">Cheap Nike Air Max</a>
<a href="www.goodfashionshoes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=214">Men's Nike Air Max 2011</a>
<a...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #42474 by Lefteris
Hi. This is not an issue. You should take a look at the Joomla! documentation. However you can achieve your goal by doing one of the following:

1. Publish the module only in the homepage.
2. Make a menu link to a slideshow and make this menu link your homepage.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Martina Yaman
  • Martina Yaman's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #42475 by Martina Yaman
Replied by Martina Yaman on topic Re: Want to show Frontpage slideshow only on Homepage
Many thanks. Some things are so easy that you can´t have the idea that they can work that way  :-*

But I´m sure there are many other newbies like me out there having the same problem... would be easy to write quite a few words in the documentation to explain that ;-)

Click here to find<br /><a href="http://www.goodfashionshoes.com">Cheap Nike Air Max</a>
<a href="www.goodfashionshoes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=214">Men's Nike Air Max 2011</a>
<a...

More
12 years 7 months ago #42476 by Katia
@Martina,
Did you solve your issue finally?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 7 months ago #42477 by gui11e89
I have the same problem.

I have my home menu that is the virtuemart store, so i put the fronpage slideshow on the same menu, but when i click a product from virtuemart and i "change" page, the slide continues displaying.

If i put only slide as home page, i lost the virtuemart.

Is it posible to have both on the home page, and then only continue with virtuemart?

Thanks

More
12 years 7 months ago #42478 by JoomlaWorks
You need to publish the module and make sure it's "assigned" to your home page only. That way, when you click on another page, the Frontpage Slideshow module will not display again.

P.S. @gui11e89 Your other (same) post was removed, let's keep everything in one post please :)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42479 by gui11e89
Yeah, sorry i saw this post after i created mine.

When you say " make sure it's "assigned" to your home page only", how do i do that?
The module is published and assigned to the Home (Inicio) menu like you can see in the photo

Is that what you are saying?
Because the home menu (called Inicio) is the virtuemart store. Thats why when you click a product, and move inside the virtuemart store, you are "still in the home page", so the FPSS is there.

THANKS