Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

'JModel' not found

• maxking
  • maxking's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #42951 by maxking
'JModel' not found was created by maxking
I am having a bit of trouble and receive this message :

Fatal error: Class 'JModel' not found in /hermes/web05/b2851/moo.vivuartcom/www/components/com_fpss/helpers/slideshow.php on line 13

also page load with errors, : grey bar is over the photo:

I am using the dame setting as default except the slideshow is 710PX wide.

site is on joomla 1.7, using Beez5 template
Help would be greatly appreciated. Just purchased this extension. in case you want to see live it is at vivuart.com the problem is here;
vivuart.com/index.php/course-description

Thank you,
Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #42952 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: 'JModel' not found
Hi. The slideshow that causes the issue, is it a module or a menu link to Frontpage Slideshow?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #42953 by PANAGIOTIS TERZIS
Replied by PANAGIOTIS TERZIS on topic Re: 'JModel' not found
Hi, I also have the same problem, Joomla 1.5.23, forntpageslideshow 3.0, is there any solution ? Thanx in advance

More
12 years 7 months ago #42954 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: 'JModel' not found
This error happens under certain occasions and it's to be applied to the coming 3.0.3 update of Frontpage Slideshow.

To remove the error until then, please edit the file /components/com_fpss/helpers/slideshow.php and add this line of code:
jimport('joomla.application.component.model');

after this
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

So it looks like this:
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

jimport('joomla.application.component.model');

This fix will be applied the following days in v3.0.3 for all users.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 7 months ago #42955 by Chris Chiera
Replied by Chris Chiera on topic Re: 'JModel' not found
@JoomlaWorks

I just tried this fix but does not make any chance the following errors still show:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$referenceAlias in /Users/username/Sites/clientname/components/com_fpss/helpers/slideshow.php on line 379

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$referenceCategoryID in /Users/username/Sites/clientname/components/com_fpss/helpers/slideshow.php on line 379

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$referenceCategoryAlias in /Users/username/Sites/clientname/components/com_fpss/helpers/slideshow.php on line 379

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$referenceSectionID in /Users/username/Sites/clientname/components/com_fpss/helpers/slideshow.php on line 379

I am also using the latest version of FPSS 3.0.2 on Joomla 1.7 on a fresh install on the latest version of MAMP Pro on my Mac. The slideshow works but the errors appear right above the slideshow. (and unfortunetly simply hiding errors isn't an option for us at least). Also caching is off and SEO Friendly Native Joomla URLs are on.

To note, it works perfectly on Joomla 1.5 under the same setup. Thanks!

More
12 years 7 months ago #42956 by Chris Chiera
To add, actually the links on the slide do not work which makes sense because all the errors are about the code that forms the link:

$link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($slide->referenceID.':'.$slide->referenceAlias, $slide->referenceCategoryID.':'.$slide->referenceCategoryAlias, $slide->referenceSectionID));

More
12 years 7 months ago #42957 by JoomlaWorks
Please verify that the content you had linked to is still there and not deleted...

---

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42958 by Chris Chiera
Yup. It is a default install. So it's using the default images, links, and titles and theme provided by your component and module. Though not sure why where its linked would affect the showing or not showing of the errors above. Any ideas? Thanks!

More
12 years 7 months ago #42959 by JoomlaWorks
I know what the problem is...

You probably have default Joomla sample data deleted or your site has content already and therefore the slideshow cannot locate some joomla sample data which we use to link a couple of slides. Just delete the sample data and create your own...

---

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #42960 by Chris Chiera
Sorry, unfortunately that is not the case either. The sample data was never installed.  Data was migrated from another site.

I just modified the URL of an existing default slide created by your component, to link to an existing article in the popup and then save.

On the frontend the title of that slide changes to match the newly linked article but the link ends up being:

example.com/component/fpss/track/4/L3pvZWxvZmdyZW4vP2lkPTQ5OTo=

*example.com swapped on for posting on forum.

The only links that I can make work on this version of FPSS on J17 is to external sites such google.com