Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

[Solved]Unable to change images in slides

• REALSENSE Solutions Ltd.
  • REALSENSE Solutions Ltd.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #43228 by REALSENSE Solutions Ltd.
[Solved]Unable to change images in slides was created by REALSENSE Solutions Ltd.
Hi Guys,

Having an issue with Frontpage Slideshow here. When I try to edit/create a slide and change/upload a image , the preview doesn't show properly but only the outline is visible. On hitting the save button , I get the "File error. Please try again" message. but it still saves the slide (without an image) and it appears on the component.

I have tried using .jpg and .png images.

I tested the component on Joomla 1.5 and everything seems to be fine but I am getting issues with Joomla V 1.7

My GD details are here - img190.imageshack.us/img190/5687/37460751.png

( Couldn't attach because the upload folder was full  ???)

The zip file that I used to install the component - 'FrontpageSlideshow-v3.0.2_j1.5-1.7'.

Thanks in advance

EDIT -  Finally able to post after 4 failed attempts and having to back up as I wrote the next 3 times, thanks to the validation bugs.

[ url ="www.leconomico.com/";]annunci[ /url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #43229 by Katia
Replied by Katia on topic Re: Unable to change images in slides
Please check the permissions in your server -they should be according to Frontpage Slideshow documentation.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #43230 by REALSENSE Solutions Ltd.
Replied by REALSENSE Solutions Ltd. on topic Re: Unable to change images in slides
If you mean the following:

You also have to make sure that the folders /media/com_fpss/ and all its subfolders are writable, in other words, check that the permissions for these folders are 755 (or 777 with some hosting companies). Use the free "Akeeba Admin Tools" to correct any file permission issues.

Then yes, they are correct. Tried both 777 as well as 775 (verified on subfolders as well). Still not working.

Thanks though

I wish I didn't get the error - "The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator." every time I try to upload something.

Here is the screenshot from the component:

img221.imageshack.us/img221/2821/permissionsve.jpg

More
12 years 7 months ago #43231 by Katia
Replied by Katia on topic Re: Unable to change images in slides
Check your personal messages please.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #43232 by REALSENSE Solutions Ltd.
Replied by REALSENSE Solutions Ltd. on topic Re: Unable to change images in slides
Thanks Katia.

For everyone else, Katia told me to give her/him full access as super admin but the issue was solved by deleting all the default images in the cache folder -  (/media/com_fpss/cache).

:)

Thanks