Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

[Solved] Image Upload Not Working

• TwoArmedBandit
  • TwoArmedBandit's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #50212 by TwoArmedBandit
[Solved] Image Upload Not Working was created by TwoArmedBandit
I'm unable to upload images in a new installation of FPSS. I'm left with the spinning progress indicator and nothing more.

After searching on the topic I have tried the following fixes:

1. Checked the permissions on the appropriate directories - they are fine.
2. Checked the memory limit settings. These are ok, and I have tried increasing without success.
3. Installed Akeeba admin tools, fixed permissions then re-installed. No difference.

Interestingly I did an Akeeba backup of my site and restored it to my test environment (on another host with a different service provider) and the image upload works ok.

Joomla version is 1.5.23 - considering upgrade, however it works ok with the version on test host so would rather wait to test upgrade process fully. GD Image Library (bundled 2.0.34 compatible) is also installed on both servers.

The other host is running a more recent version of PHP - 5.2.17 (compared with 5.2.13) and MySQL 5.0.95 (compared with 4.1.22) but otherwise they are largely the same.

Do I need to check anything else before I approach my production host to see whether PHP can be upgraded or I can be moved to another server?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TwoArmedBandit
  • TwoArmedBandit's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #50213 by TwoArmedBandit
Replied by TwoArmedBandit on topic Re: Image Upload Not Working
Solved by a move to a new server with a more recent version of PHP.

More
11 years 7 months ago #50214 by adilcan
Replied by adilcan on topic Re: [Solved] Image Upload Not Working
I do not understand how to do it  :(

More
11 years 4 months ago #50215 by jared bart
Replied by jared bart on topic Re: [Solved] Image Upload Not Working
i am having the same problem. all my permissions are correct.i uninstalled and reinstalled fpss and no success.

joomla 2.5.8
fpss 3.5.1
php 5.3.18

More
11 years 4 months ago #50216 by Katia
Replied by Katia on topic Re: [Solved] Image Upload Not Working
Official support for commercial extensions has moved into the new JoomlaWorks Ticket Support System.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)