Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Warning: Creating default object from empty value

• dgowrie
  • dgowrie's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #51650 by dgowrie
Hi all,

I have a website that is now showing an error message I have no clue about. I think I know the cause to be changing my web hosting php version from 5.2 to 5.4. I have now changed this back but i'm still getting the error:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/32/d291630191/htdocs/RCON/modules/mod_fpss/mod_fpss.php on line 159

The website to see the error is www.renovoconstruction.co.uk

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks,

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #51651 by Katia
Official support for commercial extensions has moved into the new JoomlaWorks Ticket Support System.
Please post your issue there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 3 months ago #51652 by Roscoe Penn
i am having  a similar error message.  my error messages appear both in the frontend and backend of joomla 2.5  ....my web address www.imiccenter.com  ...all of a sudden i just noticed error messages on all the pages where K2 component or item exists....

backend error msg 
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/3/d327533838/htdocs/Joomla/administrator/components/com_k2/models/categories.php on line 474

frontend error msg

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/3/d327533838/htdocs/Joomla/components/com_k2/views/itemlist/view.html.php on line 107

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/3/d327533838/htdocs/Joomla/components/com_k2/models/item.php on line 596

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/3/d327533838/htdocs/Joomla/components/com_k2/models/item.php on line 596

does anyone know what causes this problem?

is  PHP version 5.4.10 causing it?

More
9 years 3 months ago #135868 by Paul
I fixed this by rolling the site back to PHP V 5.3.

To do this:

* Login to your hosting cPanel
* Click 'Select PHP Version' in Software & Services section.
* Use the drop-down to select 5.3, click 'Set as current'.
* Refresh the site.

Noting that really you should rebuild the site using the latest version of the software (eg Joomla). That way you can use the latest (more secure) version of PHP.