Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

FPSS messes up the assets table!

• Tero Kankaanperä
  • Tero Kankaanperä's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #56477 by Tero Kankaanperä
FPSS messes up the assets table! was created by Tero Kankaanperä
I've now had to fix a sites assets-table (docs.joomla.org/Fixing_the_assets_table) twice after slides have been added to FPSS. For some reason FPSS writes the slides to assets-table wit parent_id 0 which totally messes up the whole site. The symptoms are nothing like connected to FPSS, in this case all non-super-admins get error message about insufficient rights when logging in on front-end of the site. This seems rather a serious bug in FPSS, please fix it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #56478 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic FPSS messes up the assets table!
Hi. This means that probably one of the categories has incorrect asset id. Try to open the category of the slides and save it. It should get a correct asset id and the slides that will be added after that will inherit it. So to summarize, in order to fix your issue:

1. Edit all existing categories and save them again.
2. Edit all slides and save them again.

New slides and categories will get the correct asset id automatically.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Tero Kankaanperä
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #56479 by Tero Kankaanperä
Replied by Tero Kankaanperä on topic FPSS messes up the assets table!
I applied the Joomla Docs advice to FPSS category (there was only one) and transfered all slides out of it and back again. No help.
I checked assets table and there was nothing wrong with FPSS component or category entires but all four slides were set to parent_id 0.
Corrected this by manually setting each slides parent_id to the the categorys id.
As I said, this was the second time this happened. There is something wrong with FPSS.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Tero Kankaanperä.

More
9 years 6 months ago #56480 by Lefteris
The reason they get parent_id zero is that the asset of the category is not saved correctly. That's why i asked you to edit the category and save it.

When slides are saved their asset entries should get as parent the asset id of the category. If that's zero then you have a problem.

The category's asset entry now should have as parent the id of the component entry. Once again if this is zero there is a problem.

How you transferred the slides out of the category? Have you moved them to a different category? Have the assets changed correctly when you moved them? Can you check all the FPSS relevant asset entries? Can you verify that FPSS is indeed inserting zeros while the data is different in the assets table? A dump of the FPSS related entries of your database would be very helpful.

I have made several tests and everything works fine for me. What's your Joomla! version? PHP version? Any other extensions installed ?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Tero Kankaanperä
More
9 years 6 months ago #56481 by Tero Kankaanperä

The reason they get parent_id zero is that the asset of the category is not saved correctly. That's why i asked you to edit the category and save it.

The asset category has now been opened and saved.

When slides are saved their asset entries should get as parent the asset id of the category. If that's zero then you have a problem.

I know.

The category's asset entry now should have as parent the id of the component entry. Once again if this is zero there is a problem.

This has been the case the whole time.

How you transferred the slides out of the category? Have you moved them to a different category? Have the assets changed correctly when you moved them? Can you check all the FPSS relevant asset entries? Can you verify that FPSS is indeed inserting zeros while the data is different in the assets table? A dump of the FPSS related entries of your database would be very helpful.

I created a new category called "temp" and opened the slides one by one and set them to this new category. After that did the same transfering them back to the original category. I did not check the database in between the transfers to make sure that the cahnges took place but on the Slides-view they seem to have the correct category.
I opened the assets-table in PHPMyAdmin and searched the name field for fpss with the LIKE %..% search. This resulted in six entries.
One for com_fpss (the component) with parent_id 1, level 1 and id 863.
One for com_fpss_category.2 with parent_id 863 and level 2 and id 2167
One for each com_fpss_slide.5 through 8 with parent_id 0 and level 3 each.
I then manually corrected the parent_ids of the slides to 2167.
This problem has now surfaced two times and these are the only times that slides have been added to FPSS, so I would deem the connection established and causality confirmed but certainly I can try to duplicate it once more.

Here's a FPA generated report on the site:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

• Tero Kankaanperä
More
9 years 6 months ago #56482 by Tero Kankaanperä
Further information:
We (me and my co-admin) tried to duplicate the problem and were faced with even weirder results.
My co-admin added a new slide to the only existing category. I checked the assets table the same way I describe in the previous message. Because I could not believe what I saw on the database I did the same: added a new slide to the existing category. But here is what it now looks like in the assets table:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

And yet, in the FPSS Slides view there seem only to be five slides in one category.

More
9 years 6 months ago #56488 by Lefteris
The assets table seems correct. All parent ids are set correctly. In any case, i suggest that you create a ticket at our help desk at www.joomlaworks.net/dashboard/helpdesk so we can continue there in private.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---