Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

categories and slide order

• Ian Caldwell
  • Ian Caldwell's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #149135 by Ian Caldwell
categories and slide order was created by Ian Caldwell
How would I control the order of slides when I am showing slides from more than one category? And is there a way to include slides in more than one category? Here is the example:

My website has frequent news articles. I have a global landing page with a news slideshow plus location specific pages with news slideshows. What I would most like to do is assign a slide to multiple categories i.e. show the same news slide on the Global and Africa pages. The additional complication is that some items might only be shown on the location specific pages i.e. a news slide on Africa and Asia pages but not Global. And I still need to control the order of the slides.

Right now I have a Global category plus local categories - and then the Global page only shows the Global slides (easy to order these slides) and the location page i.e. Africa shows both Global and Africa category slides - but then I have no easy way to control the order?

Did I miss a function, or does anyone have a work-around to handle these cases?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #149146 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic categories and slide order
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to assign a slide to more than one category.

Regarding ordering, you should use the featured ordering column. But of course this requires that you make those slides "featured".

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ian Caldwell
  • Ian Caldwell's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #149203 by Ian Caldwell
Replied by Ian Caldwell on topic categories and slide order
Thanks! I will have a go at mixing how we present slides, tweak the categories a bit, and use the featured to order the slides for the slider that uses slides from multiple categories.

More
8 years 5 months ago #149214 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic categories and slide order
You are welcome. Let me know if you have any issues. The featured ordering should do the trick.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)