Keyword

Facebook like button to fit to data protection reqiurements

More
4 years 8 months ago #172687 by MF
We feel that the facebook like button does not fit to recent requirements in Germany, so we disabled it under "display settings". So there might be no data tranferred to facebook automatically anymore. But we like to have an solution to enable the like button and data transfer with explicit agreement of the user. Do you have some advice for that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #172688 by JoomlaWorks
It does require some additional coding on your part if you're up to the task...

Here are the steps I would use:
- Replace the existing widget with a mere placeholder, e.g. <div id="fbLikeWidget"></div>
- Request user consent (similar to cookie acceptance notifications)
- Set a cookie for the user, e.g. privacy=yolo
- Use JS to read the value of that cookie and if it's set to "yolo" (you get the idea), inject with JS the FB widget into the placeholder of the first step.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
4 years 8 months ago #172689 by MF
Is there an easy way or a later update planned thats includes this function? Because without programming skills we will noch be able to follow your steps, e.g. I don't find the place for the code for the widget and how to use the cookies...

More
4 years 8 months ago #172691 by JoomlaWorks
It's out of the scope of the support we provide here. And it's also something you'd apply to a site entirely, so it can't be part of K2 only.

---

More
4 years 8 months ago #172698 by MF
Thanks for your help. Actualy we have a person working on the website, but we are the only clients using K2. So he said, he has a solution for the normal place of the like-button on our site, but he doesn't know how to apply it to K2. So I didn't find the place eighter, where I can see the code for the like button on every posted article. Maybe you can tell me?

More
4 years 8 months ago #172704 by JoomlaWorks
The following is standard Joomla template overriding stuff...

First, learn how to copy K2 source template overrides into your Joomla template by reading this: getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

After you copy the files into your Joomla template's html/com_k2/ folder, edit the file html/com_k2/default/item.php - that's the output of the item specifically.

---