Keyword

Read More Link not working in K2 Content module

• Jared Brandon
  • Jared Brandon's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #63119 by Jared Brandon
I am using a k2 Content module to place K2 items on my home page. However, it does not publish the Read More at the end of the intro text. I have triple checked all of the introtext and readmore link settings at the category, item, and module level and they are all set correctly.

I have tried multiple solutions including editing some core code on two pages based on recommendations on this site and it still isn't working.

The site is www.lamplighterguild.com/
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #63120 by Aaron
There is a "read more" hide/show option right in the module. If you have that to show and you are still not seeing it, try changing your template (hate the blame the template) to rule it out.

Aaron :)
  • Jared Brandon
  • Jared Brandon's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #63121 by Jared Brandon
Replied by Jared Brandon on topic Re: Read More Link not working in K2 Content module
Still no luck resolving this. The theme developer, JoomlArt, denies that it is their template that is causing the issue and maintain that the module is at the root cause.

Is it possible that the K2 Content Module loses certain functionality when placed into certain user positions on a Joomla installation?
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #63122 by Randy
Jared,

Have you gotten an answer yet? I am having exactly the same problem! When I insert a "read more" link in the K2 item content pane, only the intro text shows up on the front end (as it should) but there is no "read more" link to access the rest of the text. I have spent days trying every fix I can think of and have searched the web for an answer - but to no avail. Please post if you find a solution.
More
11 years 5 months ago #63123 by brian
in modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl/Default/default.php

find:

<?php if($params->get('itemReadMore') && $item->fulltext): ?>

and remove && $item->fulltext

should be: <?php if($params->get('itemReadMore')): ?>

There is a reference to Full Text, but there is no such option in K2 Content Module Params, so I just removed it and it Works!
More
11 years 1 week ago #63124 by James
Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. Read more and page work for latest K2 and Joomla 3.0
More
10 years 11 months ago #63125 by James
Replied by James on topic Page Break Success
So I'm not entirely sure if the read more works with this plugin, but the Page Break does work! Which is at least good enough for me, thank goodness!

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/article-elements/articles-tabs/20479?qh=YToxOntpOjA7czo4OiJteWpzcGFjZSI7fQ%3D%3D
More
9 years 7 months ago #63126 by Nilotpal Singha
Replied by Nilotpal Singha on topic Re: Read More Link not working in K2 Content module
Thank you @brian. It works!

Nilotpal Singha | Founder of Creativica E-magazine (India, Assam)