Keyword

Replicate K2 demo site front page category listing.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68102 by Drew Hendricks
Replied by Drew Hendricks on topic Replicate K2 demo site front page category listing.
I looked at your link, but do not understand. How does adding a page break link up the article titles? The php code only has a simple echo command for the title. A pagebreak would not create an href tag.

In order to recreate the boxes around the subcategories we had to add a div id with its own custom style. We could not figure out how to do this without changing the css. Anyway, we might not have done this correctly, but our 2.0 site looks and feels like 1.0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Birger J. Nordølum
  • Birger J. Nordølum's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #68103 by Birger J. Nordølum
Replied by Birger J. Nordølum on topic Replicate K2 demo site front page category listing.
I think it is just easier if they add a Category Frontpage Layout. Or atleast when no categories is selected in the Category Layout, it will only displays the categories itself.

Birger :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #68104 by Paul Jones
Drew Hendricks - how did you do that screenshot? Did you do it yourself - the look that you had there is what I want.

I would appreciate if you shared with me how to do it.

Thanks.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68105 by bunglehaze
the pagebreak does not break up article titles but it does make that title linkable - dont ask me why as I really dont have a clue but I have found you cannot link to the title without a pagebreak and as a result a read on link!

On the other note I too agree, that was not the query though, the K2 frontpage does not look identical to K2v1 - thats just how things go im afraid when they progress. you can make the layout very similar as standard though but if you REALLY have to make it look identical then yes you will have to use css, my point is there is no NEED to.

cheers

leigh :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #68106 by Travis Brackett
Replied by Travis Brackett on topic Replicate K2 demo site front page category listing.
Default view on 1.0 was a lot easier, but this works too. Also it was a worthy exercise to get more familiar with 2.0 layout

More
14 years 9 months ago #68107 by Paul Jones
So how do you do it without using CSS? Is the secret using page breaks? If so how and what?

Thanks

More
14 years 9 months ago #68108 by Paul Jones
Travis Brackett - how did you do that? It looks really good and is what I want to do!

More
14 years 9 months ago #68109 by Paul Jones
OK, you did some code editing...is it complicated?

• Birger J. Nordølum
  • Birger J. Nordølum's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #68110 by Birger J. Nordølum
Replied by Birger J. Nordølum on topic Replicate K2 demo site front page category listing.
I somehow replicated it, but still I need to remove some stuff. Like the sub-category name, etc.

Birger :)